Default Good weekend to stay ashore in the Pacific NW. 60 mph? "Auntie Em!"

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Even if you aren't planning to watch the Seahawks perform admirably in
the SB. :-)

Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Coast Guard Thirteenth District

Press Release Date: Feb. 3, 2006
Contact: Lt. Cmdr. Rick Rodriguez
206-217-6002

COAST GUARD ENCOURAGES PUGET SOUND MARINERS

AND WATERFRONT FACILITIES TO PREPARE FOR HIGH WINDS

SEATTLE - The Coast Guard encourages all Puget Sound mariners and
waterfront facility owners to prepare for high winds Friday evening
through Saturday morning as the strongest cold front of the year moves
through the coastal areas and the Puget Sound.

The National Weather Service has issued storm and gale warnings for
Oregon and Washington coastal areas, and predict winds along the coasts
to reach up to 40 mph, with exposed areas seeing wind gusts up to 60
mph.

That's nothing more than a brisk winter breeze here in New England.

RCE

Up here near the crest of one of our many hills, it has to be blowing
more than 40 sustained. The first thing I saw this morning was a 10 X
12 blue plastic tarp go sailing off the roof of an addition that my
down hill neighbor is building. Who knows where it finally came down. I
hope it gets caught in a tree someplace, rather than blow out onto a
roadway where anybody nuts enough to go out in this weather for any
reason might suddenly find it across a windshield, or what not. You
guys back east get a few hurricanes every year, but we only get a first
class windstorm once in a while. Weathermen are saying this is the
biggest blow in 5 years.