JohnH

Default Wild salmon vs farmed

On 21 Jan 2006 09:41:11 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 20 Jan 2006 17:45:53 -0800,
wrote:

Don White wrote:
Skipper wrote:
wrote:

You'll be pleased to know that the Liberals in Canada are now pressing,
hard, to fund a...

alt.politics.

--
Skipper

He snipped the part that read "Conservatives are also in favor of a
sewage plant."
If you give equal time to both sides of the question, and it has to do
with improving the water quality where a lot of us boat, is that
"political"?

If you give equal time to the reporter and the soldier, is that political?
--
John H

My post was not political. In response to a remark about Victoria BC
dumping millions of gallons of raw sewage every day into waters where
many of us boat, I posted a newspaper article that headlined the
Canadian Liberal party is pressing for funding for a sewage plant. I
went out of my way to point out that later in the same article, the
author cited some members of the Conservative party who are also in
favor of the new sewer plant. I guess because the article mentioned the
"L" word at all, it was then important to abridge my original statement
and call it political in nature. Too bad.

Now, had I taken a position that liberals all want a sewer plant and
the conservatives are too concerned with low taxes and maximizing
corporate profits to build one, (which isn't the case).....*that* would
have been political.

I had no problem with your post. The question concerned my post. But, never
mind.
--
John H

******Have a spectacular day!******

Sailaway

As to the Mercury, most is from
China and all the coal they burn. That air pollution has to go
somewhere.

It's actually from ALL the countries that burn coal. Here in the U.S.
according to numerous researchers, you will find mercury levels in just
about all fish from all lakes, even the previously pristine Adirondack's
lakes. Luckily, small amounts of mercury can be chelated out of the body
with certain supplements over time.
Doug Kanter

"Sailaway" wrote in message
As to the Mercury, most is from
China and all the coal they burn. That air pollution has to go
somewhere.

It's actually from ALL the countries that burn coal. Here in the U.S.
according to numerous researchers, you will find mercury levels in just
about all fish from all lakes, even the previously pristine Adirondack's
lakes. Luckily, small amounts of mercury can be chelated out of the body
with certain supplements over time.

Bill thinks Chinese coal is different from coal burned in Ohio, which, as
everyone knows, sends plumes of healthy amounts of fiber and vitamins East
toward the Adirondacks.

Calif Bill

"Sailaway" wrote in message
As to the Mercury, most is from
China and all the coal they burn. That air pollution has to go
somewhere.

It's actually from ALL the countries that burn coal. Here in the U.S.
according to numerous researchers, you will find mercury levels in just
about all fish from all lakes, even the previously pristine Adirondack's
lakes. Luckily, small amounts of mercury can be chelated out of the body
with certain supplements over time.

I said most, not all. We actually use scrubbers on most coal plant stacks.
China does not, and burns lots of coal. Rare to see the sun through all the
pollution in the 3 gorges trip.

Calif Bill

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Sailaway" wrote in message
As to the Mercury, most is from
China and all the coal they burn. That air pollution has to go
somewhere.

It's actually from ALL the countries that burn coal. Here in the U.S.
according to numerous researchers, you will find mercury levels in just
about all fish from all lakes, even the previously pristine Adirondack's
lakes. Luckily, small amounts of mercury can be chelated out of the body
with certain supplements over time.

Bill thinks Chinese coal is different from coal burned in Ohio, which, as
everyone knows, sends plumes of healthy amounts of fiber and vitamins East
toward the Adirondacks.

Bite yourself. We at least use scrubbers to clean a lot of the particulates
out of our smokestacks. China does not, and they burn a lot of coal.

Doug Kanter

ink.net...

"Sailaway" wrote in message
As to the Mercury, most is from
China and all the coal they burn. That air pollution has to go
somewhere.

It's actually from ALL the countries that burn coal. Here in the U.S.
according to numerous researchers, you will find mercury levels in just
about all fish from all lakes, even the previously pristine Adirondack's
lakes. Luckily, small amounts of mercury can be chelated out of the body
with certain supplements over time.

Bill thinks Chinese coal is different from coal burned in Ohio, which, as
everyone knows, sends plumes of healthy amounts of fiber and vitamins
East toward the Adirondacks.

Bite yourself. We at least use scrubbers to clean a lot of the
particulates out of our smokestacks. China does not, and they burn a lot
of coal.

Apparently, not enough coal burning plants here are using scrubbers, since
DEC biologists here are finding ever-increasing levels of mercury in fish
throughout the Adirondacks and other waters. Don't tell me it's because the
fish accumulate more of it as they get bigger, either. That's true, but not
relevant because the biologists look at 2 year old fish every year, not just
the 3,4, & 5 year old fish they tagged previously.