posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default A question from a new paddler...

I would gravitate toward a normal double sea kayak.
8,000 year old technology and nothing but a paddle to break. You will
have two anyway and i would carry a spare.
Thats just me.
Alex
http://pages.ivillage.com/mcgruer

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko

wrote:
I would gravitate toward a normal double sea kayak.
8,000 year old technology and nothing but a paddle to break. You will
have two anyway and i would carry a spare.
Thats just me.
Alex
http://pages.ivillage.com/mcgruer

Two words: "Divorce boat"!

( This coming from a long time Topo-Duo enthousiast:
http://kayaker.nl/niels-35.jpg )

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

posted to rec.boats.paddle
rlightning

Wilko wrote:

Two words: "Divorce boat"!

Good point!

Rebecca Lightning

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Grip

ROFL Wilko! I've been coining that term for years! Did not know it worked
accross the pond as well, well actually aren't you accross several ponds?
"divorce boat" I thought I invented it, better check with the LOC
"Wilko" wrote in message
I would gravitate toward a normal double sea kayak.
8,000 year old technology and nothing but a paddle to break. You will
have two anyway and i would carry a spare.
Thats just me.
Alex
http://pages.ivillage.com/mcgruer

Two words: "Divorce boat"!

( This coming from a long time Topo-Duo enthousiast:
http://kayaker.nl/niels-35.jpg )

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
---Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.---
http://wilko.webzone.ru/

posted to rec.boats.paddle

I'v Heard the term here in Newfoundland Canada as well.
They are looking at a variation of a double canoe thingy and have
cycled at length together. They should be fine in a double.

I didn't sit that damned bar exam for nothing.
Alex

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko van den Bergh

Grip wrote:
ROFL Wilko! I've been coining that term for years! Did not know it worked
accross the pond as well, well actually aren't you accross several ponds?
"divorce boat" I thought I invented it, better check with the LOC

Hey Grip, where did you think I picked that term up? While paddling on
your side of the big pond, of course! :-)
(The same thing goes for expressions like "deer in the headlights look"
etc.They don't teach that during Dutch highschool English lessons.)

Granted, I've paddled with a few OC-2 couples that worked together
splendidly, and I was pretty content with my own Topo-Duo partner
Niels, but I've seen many more unhappy couples in tandem boats.

One nice example is a Czech couple who used to paddle a C-2 for many
years. They used to fight so much that one of them tended to stop
paddling completely, and invariably they would get in trouble then.
After flipping and swimming a particular class III rapid for the second
time, (carrying back up every time) they came down the third time,
arguing and bickering so much that they both forgot to paddle at all.
They made it all the way down right side up... :-)

Wilko

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
---Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.---
http://kayaker.nl/

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko van den Bergh

Melissa wrote:

Hi Alex,

On 9 Jan 2006 18:45:27 -0800, you wrote:

I didn't sit that damned bar exam for nothing.

So you can mix yourself a nice drink and endure just about anything?

;-)

- --
Melissa

ROFL!

I was already wondering for a long time what the connection between
lawyers and bars could be... English is a strange language! ;-)

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
---Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.---
http://kayaker.nl/

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Satan

"Wilko" wrote in message

Two words: "Divorce boat"!

LOL! The wife and I each have our own boat for that reason. However, we
paddle. Maybe we could get along in a peddle boat, though.

suds

posted to rec.boats.paddle
RkyMtnHootOwl

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:16:45 -0800, Melissa wrote:

Hey there Melissa, I hadn't seen you posting much recently, so I will
thank you here for the time you spent last year helping my with
understanding the usenet. I finally did get the 40tude installed and
plugged into a couple of news services, and generally like how it is
working out. Understand better some of the issues, and do most all my
posting off of Google.

I also recently have been watching the threads a little closer, and
trying to avoid the trolls. Sometimes your recommendation here is a
good solution for posting woes as well. Anyway thanks, and good to
hear that you are still around. OvO
posted to rec.boats.paddle
rlightning

"John Fereira" wrote in message
.. .

I used that phrase several years ago and got a somewhat scathing response
via email indicating numerous advantages of a tandem kayak.

I blocked that thread from my memory until you brought it up. Please...let's
not relive the past ;-)

Rebecca Lightning