Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.paddle
RkyMtnHootOwl

Default A question from a new paddler...

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 04:09:04 GMT, !Jones wrote:

Hello all.

The wife & I are an experienced tandem bicycle team. My "stoker" has
serious balance and coordination issues such that she would probably
not be able to manage a paddle for long. (I'm over it.) We live on
the Texas Gulf coast (Corpus Christi) with vast areas open to
kayaking, thus we're looking into that area.

I have just begun shopping about and I see an interesting rig on eBay:
HOBIE MIRAGE OUTFITTER TANDEM PEDALING KAYAK (Specifically, eBay item
#7209984358) It's a new boat, so it's not a bid deal.

Does anyone have any experience with this device? It would *not* be
used for river running save the tamest of streams. My concerns are in
the mechanics of the drive. I wonder how well the drive system will
hold up to salt water. I'll e-mail this to the manufacturer also and
see what they answer... meanwhile, I'd like to hear any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

You might contact the Pelican over on the Watertribe website. He uses
a Mirage drive in the Everglade Challenge. OvO

Next question ;;;;;; is that your final answer ?? Thomas Wentworth Boat Building 6 December 23rd 05 09:10 PM
A real Navigation Question 1 Joe ASA 28 December 22nd 05 01:23 AM
A question of concern Capt. JG ASA 0 December 17th 05 06:14 PM
Mercruiser outdrive question John Chaplain General 3 October 23rd 05 05:50 PM
Newbie Question: 40' Performance Cruiser question (including powerplant) charliekilo Cruising 19 October 19th 05 02:30 PM