posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default A real Navigation Question 1

No kindergartner crap like the commodes been flushing.

Question:

Every American kid knows how to find the big dipper, part of the great
bear (Uras Major).

The two second magnitude stars that form the outer part of the bowl of
the big dipper are often called the pointers. Why?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Joe wrote:
No kindergartner crap like the commodes been flushing.

Question:

Every American kid knows how to find the big dipper, part of the great
bear (Uras Major).

The two second magnitude stars that form the outer part of the bowl of
the big dipper are often called the pointers. Why?

Joe

They point to the north star (Polaris).
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Very good gaz.

Now follow orions belt in a curved line SE to Sirius you hit a nearly
equalateral triangle of Stars.

This is part of what constellation?

How many stars in this triangle are listed in the Nautical Almanac?
Name them..

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Wrong my boot licking bitch.

Put on your dunce cap, go to the corner and drink a huge glass of
razorblade water.

Joe
Your owner

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

After help you guess one of the three questions after studying your
telescope star finder charts.

Now answer the questions that pretain to Navigation.............. you
dunce.

And when you do... head in the same direction with less curveature and
you hit the second brigest star in the heavens.

Name it............ And whats false about it?

Is it in the Daily Almanic?

Joe
Your owner

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I know it's inane in your view...I mean why bother with the major stars
used in celestial navigation in this part of the world Dave?

...You have a pocket GPS and will remain a weekend warrior. Thats OK...
but let real sailors talk about ancient maritine skills you will never
master.

And as far as the commode goes, I answered his lame seabouy question
first. Gaz answered his other question .....so why should I bother?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

So inane you had no clue mr quatermaster checker. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Don't worry you will never have a need.

Next

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
No kindergartner crap like the commodes been flushing.

Question:

Every American kid knows how to find the big dipper, part of the great
bear (Uras Major).

The two second magnitude stars that form the outer part of the bowl of
the big dipper are often called the pointers. Why?

A line between them points to Polaris (approximately).
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Thats is because you are short sighted, and you assume everyone knows
this little bit of information. I've heard people swear you follow the
handle of the big Dipper to get to Polaris the north star. Some
children may "google" in search of information and be brought to asa,
and learn so much they win the olympics in 2018, and then the America's
cup.

Why do you have to **** all over my fire?

Perhaps you should add something to the question to make it worthy of
someone of your status. Like ....Why is Polaris important to know when
navigating?

Joe

More Real Job Loss *JimH* General 9 November 29th 05 03:23 AM
A real boat related question! Basic 12V electrical stuff.... Melandre General 5 November 3rd 05 04:25 PM
OK a for real boat question Jim, General 12 October 12th 05 10:59 PM