Reggie Smithers

Default Sorry for the repetition, but...

Harry Krause wrote:
...we are plagued with a number of posters here who contribute nothing
of substance to on-topic discussions here. It seems appropriate to ask
them this question:

Do you have anything of substance to contribute to rec.boats?

If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.
Skipper

Default Troll Control

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
...we are plagued with a number of posters here who contribute nothing
of substance to on-topic discussions here. It seems appropriate to ask
them this question:

Do you have anything of substance to contribute to rec.boats?

If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.

First, I wish this message could have been sent via private email.
Second, I do not believe you will be successful in returning this NG
into a boating forum as long as Krause trolls this group. Third, do you
realize how many times YOU have replied to his trolls just today?
Fourth, you must realize this troll will finally temporarily revert to
interesting on-topic posts ONLY as a lure to test your resolve. Fifth,
the only way to improve this group is to *completely* ignore KNOWN
trolls. Only then will this NG once again become the great resource it
was in the past.

You should ask yourself the key question; do I prefer a great boating
resource, or Harry Krause insults and flame? You can't have both.

--
Skipper
Wayne.B

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:31:10 -0600, Skipper wrote:

You should ask yourself the key question; do I prefer a great boating
resource, or Harry Krause insults and flame? You can't have both.

===================================

I'd like to think that Harry (and everyone else) will control
themselves, as long as most folks are making an honest attempt.

I'm hoping that premise is proven correct. Fanning the flames may be
good sport for some but it makes rec.boats look pretty dysfunctional.

JohnH

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:05:09 -0500, Wayne.B wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:31:10 -0600, Skipper wrote:

You should ask yourself the key question; do I prefer a great boating
resource, or Harry Krause insults and flame? You can't have both.

===================================

I'd like to think that Harry (and everyone else) will control
themselves, as long as most folks are making an honest attempt.

I'm hoping that premise is proven correct. Fanning the flames may be
good sport for some but it makes rec.boats look pretty dysfunctional.

We'll see if your premise proves correct. The past few days haven't been going in
that direction.

Hopefully, things will change.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Reggie Smithers

JohnH wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:05:09 -0500, Wayne.B wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:31:10 -0600, Skipper wrote:

You should ask yourself the key question; do I prefer a great boating
resource, or Harry Krause insults and flame? You can't have both.

===================================

I'd like to think that Harry (and everyone else) will control
themselves, as long as most folks are making an honest attempt.

I'm hoping that premise is proven correct. Fanning the flames may be
good sport for some but it makes rec.boats look pretty dysfunctional.

We'll see if your premise proves correct. The past few days haven't been going in
that direction.

Hopefully, things will change.

I am going to follow Skippers advice and not respond to any posts from
people whose only purpose is to engage in name calling.

--
Reggie
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.

Wayne.B

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:24:44 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

And there
isn't the slightest bit of evidence he ever even owned that Bilgeliner
he claimed to take on the high seas.

====================================

Who owns what doesn't concern me all that much, and there are lots of
people perfectly happy with their Bayliners. My first boat was a home
made wooden raft when I was about 10 years old. Freeboard was
measured in fractions of an inch, and I was never hasseled over the
lack of registration numbers.

If anyone here feels the need to make up a boat that does not exist,
I'd kind of consider it with the same sad bemusement as someone
talking to an imaginary friend. Hopefully there is life outside of
usenet for folks in that situation. If not, studied tolerance or the
KF is probably the right attitude.

Doug Kanter

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:31:10 -0600, Skipper wrote:

You should ask yourself the key question; do I prefer a great boating
resource, or Harry Krause insults and flame? You can't have both.

===================================

I'd like to think that Harry (and everyone else) will control
themselves, as long as most folks are making an honest attempt.

I'm hoping that premise is proven correct. Fanning the flames may be
good sport for some but it makes rec.boats look pretty dysfunctional.

I very gently flamed NOYB earlier, because he needed it, but I kept it
polite. :-)

Dan Krueger

Harry Krause wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:31:10 -0600, Skipper wrote:

You should ask yourself the key question; do I prefer a great boating
resource, or Harry Krause insults and flame? You can't have both.

===================================

I'd like to think that Harry (and everyone else) will control
themselves, as long as most folks are making an honest attempt.
I'm hoping that premise is proven correct. Fanning the flames may be
good sport for some but it makes rec.boats look pretty dysfunctional.

I haven't noticed one post of Skipper;s since his latest return here
that adds anything to this newsgroup. He is the troll's troll. And there
isn't the slightest bit of evidence he ever even owned that Bilgeliner
he claimed to take on the high seas.

I'm not defending Dave, by any stretch, but to follow YOUR lead:

Maybe he chooses not to post it due to the simple (an often heard) fact
that it is none of your business.

Harry, You are on a roll today hitting every target you can - politics,
privacy, trolling, etc. Bored or ???

Dan
Don White

Dan Krueger wrote:

I'm not defending Dave, by any stretch, but to follow YOUR lead:

Maybe he chooses not to post it due to the simple (an often heard) fact
that it is none of your business.

Harry, You are on a roll today hitting every target you can - politics,
privacy, trolling, etc. Bored or ???

Dan

Dan...why are you following Harry around, nipping at his heels like a
little puppy dog?
Bored or?
JimH

"Don White" wrote in message
Dan Krueger wrote:

I'm not defending Dave, by any stretch, but to follow YOUR lead:

Maybe he chooses not to post it due to the simple (an often heard) fact
that it is none of your business.

Harry, You are on a roll today hitting every target you can - politics,
privacy, trolling, etc. Bored or ???

Dan

Dan...why are you following Harry around, nipping at his heels like a
little puppy dog?
Bored or?

Sort of like you and Harry do with me Don?