posted to rec.boats,rec.outdoors.fishing
FishWisher

Default Lake Camanche trout brrrrr.

My fishing buddy John and I put off a Camanche Lake (near Stockton, Ca)
trip Thursday due to the heavy fog, but made it out Friday.

We managed a two pound trout each, and had three strikes each that
didn't stick. I spent most of my time in the cabin with the heater. Ol'
John's a lot tougher; he stood over his rods in the cockpit. We drug
Rapala Fire Tigers for the two we caught. It was a cold, miserable day
but the two trout were fun. Pray for summer! Photos at my website
www.fishwisher.com

Dale

JohnH

On 17 Dec 2005 15:50:04 -0800, "FishWisher" wrote:

My fishing buddy John and I put off a Camanche Lake (near Stockton, Ca)
trip Thursday due to the heavy fog, but made it out Friday.

We managed a two pound trout each, and had three strikes each that
didn't stick. I spent most of my time in the cabin with the heater. Ol'
John's a lot tougher; he stood over his rods in the cockpit. We drug
Rapala Fire Tigers for the two we caught. It was a cold, miserable day
but the two trout were fun. Pray for summer! Photos at my website
www.fishwisher.com

Dale

Nice fish! Tell me more about the heater. A friend is thinking of putting one in his boat for cold
weather fishing. He has no idea what to look for, and neither do I.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
FishWisher

I have a Toyo kerosene heater:
http://www.toyotomiusa.com/products/...NS-2700-2.html
It vents overboard and also takes in air from outdoors via an inner
pipe that is surrounded by the exhaust, warming the incoming air. It's
very economical and safe; I can use it all night with the boat closed
tightly and not worry about exhaust or a flame out. But it ain't cheap.
It was something over a grand and required a fair amount of work to get
it installed. I am very pleased with it but it's actually a bit more
heater than my 22' C-Dory needs.

A photo of my installation is he
http://groups.msn.com/FishWishersHom...tprojects.msnw

Dale

JohnH

On 18 Dec 2005 07:02:44 -0800, "FishWisher" wrote:

I have a Toyo kerosene heater:
http://www.toyotomiusa.com/products/...NS-2700-2.html
It vents overboard and also takes in air from outdoors via an inner
pipe that is surrounded by the exhaust, warming the incoming air. It's
very economical and safe; I can use it all night with the boat closed
tightly and not worry about exhaust or a flame out. But it ain't cheap.
It was something over a grand and required a fair amount of work to get
it installed. I am very pleased with it but it's actually a bit more
heater than my 22' C-Dory needs.

A photo of my installation is he
http://groups.msn.com/FishWishersHom...tprojects.msnw

Dale

Many, many thanks. My friend has a 27'er with a much bigger, canvas-enclosed cabin, so the heater
may be just the thing he's looking for.

http://www.judgeyachts.com/27chesape...ard/photos.htm

I'm going to send your response to him.

How do you like the C-Dory?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
FishWisher

Good, glad that I could help. You don't find those heatere anyplace but
the 'net that I know of.

I love the C-Dory, have had it for six years and use it almost every
week, much of the time for two day trips. It's the perfect delta boat
for me. The factory is at www.c-dory.com

Dale

Trout Fishing Dec6: Camanche Reservoir, Ca CoachPotato General 0 December 7th 05 06:20 PM
Sailing on Lake Erie jlrogers ASA 12 December 7th 05 02:12 AM
Salt River Paddle Trip from Roosevelt Lake to Granite Flat [email protected] General 1 November 19th 05 08:45 PM