Blazer Fan Dan

Default wiring help

Im replacing the wiring from my boat (the old glasspar I've referenced
for those who might remember) and I'm wondering what gage wire I should
use for it? Mostly it's for a horn relay set up (3 buttons) and the
main pos and negative wires. I figure it's close to 50 years old, so I
might want to replace it.

Thankfully, there isn't much wiring TO do, outside of the horn lines
and the main power lines (actually, outside of the main wiring harness
(which I'm not touching) there isn't any other wires other than the
main battery lines which I already have wires to replace).

I'm also trying to figure out how to use the least amount of wire for
the 3 horn buttons (I can almost mentally picture how to set it up, but
I keep running into blocks). You guys have any advice that I can use?

Thanks

Wayne.B

On 20 Nov 2005 20:02:51 -0800, "Blazer Fan Dan"
wrote:

I'm also trying to figure out how to use the least amount of wire for
the 3 horn buttons (I can almost mentally picture how to set it up, but
I keep running into blocks). You guys have any advice that I can use?

The three buttons are all in parallel so start with the button
furthest from the relay, run both wires to the next closest button,
continuing on to the button closest to the relay, and then to the
relay itself.

Blazer Fan Dan

JIMinFL wrote:
Use marine grade wire. 10 ga to a fuse block under the dash should be enough
to power anything that you would likely use on a 15 ft boat.
JIMinFL

thanks. I have a fuse block from another boat I re-did last year, that
I'm going to use.

Blazer Fan Dan

wrote:

I'm also trying to figure out how to use the least amount of wire for
the 3 horn buttons (I can almost mentally picture how to set it up, but
I keep running into blocks). You guys have any advice that I can use?

The three buttons are all in parallel so start with the button
furthest from the relay, run both wires to the next closest button,
continuing on to the button closest to the relay, and then to the
relay itself.

Thanks. Hopefully I can figure that out later today.

Blazer Fan Dan

thanks for the help. I talked it over with the other owners of the boat
(well, actually I didn't) and decided that the two horns in the back
weren't really necessary anyways.

Need a Good Book on Basic Wiring in a Boat For Beginner [email protected] General 26 November 23rd 05 04:45 PM
Inverter Wiring Question Hoo Electronics 8 November 16th 05 02:13 PM
Inverter Wiring Question Hoo General 7 November 16th 05 06:23 AM
Inverter Wiring Question Hoo Boat Building 7 November 16th 05 06:23 AM
Marine Wiring HiTech Redneck General 8 October 8th 05 04:07 PM