John H.

Default Potato Casserole

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:24:12 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my
knighthood. wrote:

Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I was in
college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the restaurant was
limited to prep.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
The problem most people have with making fresh hash browns is removing
the
excess starch from the potatoes. You have to wash and rinse the
potatoes
until the water runs clear. In a restaurant I worked at in college, we
would soak the potatoes for 15 min., rinse and repeat a minimum of 3
times,
sometimes it would take more. If you don't they will not crisp up and
will
actually be very sticky.

This is the reason the majority of recipes use frozen or fresh prepared
hash
browns as their ingredient. When I was eating potatoes, I found a great
fresh hash brown in the egg section of the supermarket.

I've been making hash browns, as my parents did, and I suspect their
parents did, for many, many years. I've never done anything more than
rinse them once. They "crisp up" just fine, and aren't sticky. For some
reason, people rinse the hell out of them, then add a tablespoon or so
of flour to make them form into a patty. Makes no sense. rinse a starch
out, put a starch in.

Smithers belongs to the Skipper school of food preparation. In that
school, you don't actually cook, you download recipes of others, and offer
comments you read on the internet.

I suppose Skipper has to post recipes. He certainly cannot post any
boating related experiences of his own, since he doesn't have a boat.

--
Clinton ruined a dress; Bush ruined a nation.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Don White

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I was in
college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the restaurant was
limited to prep.

Boy! That kills my appetite for eating out.

Sir Rodney Smithers

Harry,
I suggest that you don't respond to my messages either directly or
indirectly. It will help with your blood pressure. I don't want to be
the reason you have a stroke.

Don White wrote:
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I was
in college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the restaurant
was limited to prep.

Boy! That kills my appetite for eating out.

How many times a day does Smitherscum address responses to me, and, of
course, why does he address me at all? I don't give a tinker's dam about
what he thinks, says, does, suggests, et cetera. And since he is a
permanent resident of my filter, the only posts of his I see are those few
picked up by others.

What an obsessed asshole he is.

--
Oprah Winfrey for President!

John H.

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:30:26 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Don White wrote:
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I was in
college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the restaurant was
limited to prep.

Boy! That kills my appetite for eating out.

How many times a day does Smitherscum address responses to me, and, of
course, why does he address me at all? I don't give a tinker's dam about
what he thinks, says, does, suggests, et cetera. And since he is a
permanent resident of my filter, the only posts of his I see are those
few picked up by others.

What an obsessed asshole he is.

Harry, just count 'em!

Harry Krause wrote:
Don White wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:

Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I
was in college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the
restaurant was limited to prep.

Boy! That kills my appetite for eating out.

How many times a day does Smitherscum address responses to me, and, of
course, why does he address me at all? I don't give a tinker's dam about
what he thinks, says, does, suggests, et cetera. And since he is a
permanent resident of my filter, the only posts of his I see are those
few picked up by others.

What an obsessed asshole he is.

It's constant. You can bet that almost every post you make is dogged by
him....especially if you are jousting with another righty.

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:41:24 GMT, Don White wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
Don White wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:

Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I
was in college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the
restaurant was limited to prep.

Boy! That kills my appetite for eating out.

How many times a day does Smitherscum address responses to me, and, of
course, why does he address me at all? I don't give a tinker's dam about
what he thinks, says, does, suggests, et cetera. And since he is a
permanent resident of my filter, the only posts of his I see are those
few picked up by others.

What an obsessed asshole he is.

It's constant. You can bet that almost every post you make is dogged by
him....especially if you are jousting with another righty.

Don, Harry can count. With a comment like this, you are encouraging his pretense
of using a filter.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Sir Rodney Smithers

JohnH,
Please forgive Don, he is on a 12 step program to help him stop facilitating
Harry. He is doing the best he can.

wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
JohnH,
Please forgive Don, he is on a 12 step program to help him stop facilitating
Harry. He is doing the best he can.

I learned from the best...eh John?