Skipper

Default Potato Casserole

Another traditional American Value:

Potato Casserole:

2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pt. sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 lb. grated sharp cheese (save a little to go on top of corn flakes)

Stir all ingredients together and put in a buttered casserole dish.

Topping:

Reserved cheese
1 cup crushed corn flakes
Few pats butter

Place topping mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Freezes
well.

--
Skipper
Doug Kanter

"Skipper" wrote in message
Another traditional American Value:

Potato Casserole:

2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pt. sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 lb. grated sharp cheese (save a little to go on top of corn flakes)

Stir all ingredients together and put in a buttered casserole dish.

Topping:

Reserved cheese
1 cup crushed corn flakes
Few pats butter

Place topping mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Freezes
well.

--
Skipper

Enough dishes like this and we'll be rid of the infestation you represent.
How about adding a pound of fatback to this recipe to speed things up?

Skipper

Doug Kanter wrote:

Enough dishes like this and we'll be rid of the infestation you represent.
How about adding a pound of fatback to this recipe to speed things up?

You looking for some kind of final solution?

--
Skipper
Doug Kanter

"Skipper" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

Enough dishes like this and we'll be rid of the infestation you
represent.
How about adding a pound of fatback to this recipe to speed things up?

You looking for some kind of final solution?

--
Skipper

Absolutely. An end to people who want to revive the Soviet style of
government, but here instead of Russia. You must go.

Dry

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

Enough dishes like this and we'll be rid of the infestation you
represent.
How about adding a pound of fatback to this recipe to speed things up?

You looking for some kind of final solution?

--
Skipper

Absolutely. An end to people who want to revive the Soviet style of
government, but here instead of Russia. You must go.

Damn Skipper you trying to sell Liptor?

Curtis CCR

Skipper wrote:
Another traditional American Value:

Potato Casserole:

2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes

Frozen hash browns?!?!

A TRADITIONAL American dish would use TaterTots!

Skipper wrote:
Another traditional American Value:

Potato Casserole:

2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pt. sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 lb. grated sharp cheese (save a little to go on top of corn flakes)

Stir all ingredients together and put in a buttered casserole dish.

Topping:

Reserved cheese
1 cup crushed corn flakes
Few pats butter

Place topping mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Freezes
well.

--
Skipper

Frozen hash browns? Too lazy to grate your own potatoes? I never, ever
buy that frozen slush, freshly grated potatoes makes all the difference
in the world.

Sir Rodney Smithers

The problem most people have with making fresh hash browns is removing the
excess starch from the potatoes. You have to wash and rinse the potatoes
until the water runs clear. In a restaurant I worked at in college, we
would soak the potatoes for 15 min., rinse and repeat a minimum of 3 times,
sometimes it would take more. If you don't they will not crisp up and will
actually be very sticky.

This is the reason the majority of recipes use frozen or fresh prepared hash
browns as their ingredient. When I was eating potatoes, I found a great
fresh hash brown in the egg section of the supermarket.

"Skipper" wrote in message

Potato Casserole:

2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pt. sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 lb. grated sharp cheese

Frozen hash browns? Too lazy to grate your own potatoes? I never, ever
buy that frozen slush, freshly grated potatoes makes all the difference
in the world.

At one time we used a salad shooter to grate the potatoes. That does the
job easily enough. We just found that frozen hash browns produced a
better (firmer) product in this dish.

--
Skipper

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
The problem most people have with making fresh hash browns is removing the
excess starch from the potatoes. You have to wash and rinse the potatoes
until the water runs clear. In a restaurant I worked at in college, we
would soak the potatoes for 15 min., rinse and repeat a minimum of 3 times,
sometimes it would take more. If you don't they will not crisp up and will
actually be very sticky.

This is the reason the majority of recipes use frozen or fresh prepared hash
browns as their ingredient. When I was eating potatoes, I found a great
fresh hash brown in the egg section of the supermarket.

I've been making hash browns, as my parents did, and I suspect their
parents did, for many, many years. I've never done anything more than
rinse them once. They "crisp up" just fine, and aren't sticky. For some
reason, people rinse the hell out of them, then add a tablespoon or so
of flour to make them form into a patty. Makes no sense. rinse a starch
out, put a starch in.