Sir Rodney Smithers

Default Potato Casserole

The problem most people have with making fresh hash browns is removing the
excess starch from the potatoes. You have to wash and rinse the potatoes
until the water runs clear. In a restaurant I worked at in college, we
would soak the potatoes for 15 min., rinse and repeat a minimum of 3 times,
sometimes it would take more. If you don't they will not crisp up and will
actually be very sticky.

This is the reason the majority of recipes use frozen or fresh prepared hash
browns as their ingredient. When I was eating potatoes, I found a great
fresh hash brown in the egg section of the supermarket.

"Skipper" wrote in message

Potato Casserole:

2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pt. sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 lb. grated sharp cheese

Frozen hash browns? Too lazy to grate your own potatoes? I never, ever
buy that frozen slush, freshly grated potatoes makes all the difference
in the world.

At one time we used a salad shooter to grate the potatoes. That does the
job easily enough. We just found that frozen hash browns produced a
better (firmer) product in this dish.

--
Skipper

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Kevin,

Have you figured out if you heard the Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra from
the Korean Church in the bedroom community of Duluth, or the Atlanta
Philharmonic Orchestra from the Gay community in Midtown? Since you said the
concert you heard was a secret unpublished concert before the first
published concert on Nov. 19th, , I assume it must have been the APO from
the Gay Community.

I tried to find a review of either Orchestra's but couldn't find a thing.
I did see where the New Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra (formally called the
Peach Prime Orchestra) is doing a performance at the Salvation Army, so you
may want to check them out and see if they are better than the APO in
Atlanta. How did you hear about the APO, did you read about them in one of
the Atlanta papers?

Neither Orchestra is listed with the Atlanta Federation of Musicians, and
they really need to do a better job of publishing info about these two up
and coming Orchestra's. If you type in Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra
into Google or Yahoo, I could only find two listings for the APO (one for
the Gay Orchestra and one for the Korean Orchestra). The damn ASO is taking
all of their glory.

I'm not Kevin, idiot. First, YOU were the one who said there was no
Atlanta Philharmonic, did you not? You were wrong. I was right.
Secondly, I never said ANYTHING about a "secret" performance. When
cornered, and wrong, you seem adept at lying about what was said.
Thirdly, Why would an orchestra need to be listed with the AFM?
Fourthly, you don't need google, go he
http://www.atlantaphilharmonic.org

Now, there are many, many orchestras in the Atlanta area. How about the
Atlanta Ballet Orchestra?

All in all, you were dead wrong, and you know it. Also, you claimed
that you've gone to several concerts of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
If so, I asked, where do you park? What does parking cost where you
park? Where do you eat? Where do you sit at the venue? Are you a
member? At what level?

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
The problem most people have with making fresh hash browns is removing the
excess starch from the potatoes. You have to wash and rinse the potatoes
until the water runs clear. In a restaurant I worked at in college, we
would soak the potatoes for 15 min., rinse and repeat a minimum of 3 times,
sometimes it would take more. If you don't they will not crisp up and will
actually be very sticky.

This is the reason the majority of recipes use frozen or fresh prepared hash
browns as their ingredient. When I was eating potatoes, I found a great
fresh hash brown in the egg section of the supermarket.

I've been making hash browns, as my parents did, and I suspect their
parents did, for many, many years. I've never done anything more than
rinse them once. They "crisp up" just fine, and aren't sticky. For some
reason, people rinse the hell out of them, then add a tablespoon or so
of flour to make them form into a patty. Makes no sense. rinse a starch
out, put a starch in.

John H.

On 16 Nov 2005 09:29:14 -0800, wrote:

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

Kevin, I hope you got my abject apology for doubting your total veracity with
regard to the superb Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra.

I didn't realize you were of such sophistication that you would be so
knowledgeable of the music resources in your area.

I went to the web site you posted to learn more about this orchestra with which
you seem so enthralled. I noticed that their inaugural performance is scheduled
for sometime in the future. I then looked at their membership page and realized
why you might be so enthralled with this group. I read:

"Membership is open to gay men, lesbians, bisexual, intersexed, transgendered,
and GLBT-sensitive individuals."

Wow. Pretty elite group of musicians there. The way I read the membership
requirements, you don't even have to play an instrument.

I did notice that they don't need any flute players.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Sir Rodney Smithers

Kevin,
I am hestitant to tell you, but since you probably wont' use my parking
space, I will tell you my secret. I park on the side street next to
Agatha's. It is free. I eat many places, but I do enjoy the Carribean
Rest. across from the Fox and on special occasions I have eaten at the
Table 1280 Restaurant I am not a big contributor, but I am a Sustaining
Member.

So it looks like you saw the "Gay" Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra, did you
enjoy it? Do you really think it is a good quality? Would you recommend
it to your friends? Have you seen them perform often?

Kevin, when you said the APO is a first rate Orchestra, weren't you really
talking about the ASO. Come on, you can be honest with me, I won't tell
anyone.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

Harry,

I have not denied anything. I have admitted that there are two volunteer
orchestras in Atlanta who use the name APO. One in a Korean Church, 25 min.
outside of Atlanta and a new Gay orchestra that has not had a single
performance, but they have been practicing.

Now do you think Kevin will admit when he was talking about Atlanta's first
class Orchestra that he was really talking about the ASO?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

That is precisely the case, but denial denial denial is typical
Smitherscrap behavior. Smithers claimed without qualification that there
was NO Atlantic Philharmonic. In fact, there is. But rather than admit he
screwed up yet again, he now tries to qualify his posit.

--
If you voted for Bush, you are to blame.

Sir Rodney Smithers

Harry,
Not only do I cook, but I have worked in a restaurant in NYC when I was in
college. I do have to admit, that most of my work in the restaurant was
limited to prep.

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

Smithers belongs to the Skipper school of food preparation. In that
school, you don't actually cook, you download recipes of others, and offer
comments you read on the internet.

I suppose Skipper has to post recipes. He certainly cannot post any
boating related experiences of his own, since he doesn't have a boat.

--
Clinton ruined a dress; Bush ruined a nation.

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Kevin,

I'm not Kevin, dip****.

I am hestitant to tell you, but since you probably wont' use my parking
space, I will tell you my secret. I park on the side street next to
Agatha's. It is free.

What?????? You walk from Agatha's to the Woodruff Arts Center?
BWAAAHAAAA!!!!!
I take it you really don't know where you are, huh? You'd rather walk
13 or 14 city blocks than park AT the Woodruff Art Center's parking
garage?!!!!!

I eat many places, but I do enjoy the Carribean
Rest. across from the Fox and on special occasions I have eaten at the
Table 1280 Restaurant I am not a big contributor, but I am a Sustaining
Member.

There is no "Carribean" restaurant across from the Fox!

And what name would that "sustaining member" be under?
Oh, by the way, do you remember blathering about the APO not being a
member of the AFO? When you did so, did you realize that neither is the
ASO?

So it looks like you saw the "Gay" Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra, did you
enjoy it? Do you really think it is a good quality? Would you recommend
it to your friends? Have you seen them perform often?

Yes, they are very enjoyable, and very good. I've stated such before.
Kevin, when you said the APO is a first rate Orchestra, weren't you really
talking about the ASO. Come on, you can be honest with me, I won't tell
anyone.

I'm not Kevin, dip****. Now, again, do you still take the position, as
you have stated, that there IS NO Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra?

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
[...]

I'm not Kevin.

I didn't realize you were of such sophistication that you would be so
knowledgeable of the music resources in your area.

As an amateur musician, I keep up with all aspects of music in my area.

I went to the web site you posted to learn more about this orchestra with which
you seem so enthralled. I noticed that their inaugural performance is scheduled
for sometime in the future. I then looked at their membership page and realized
why you might be so enthralled with this group. I read:

Where did I say I was "enthralled" with anything? I simply stated they
existed, and are good. Smithers et al, you, and NOYB claimed they
didn't exist. You all were wrong.

"Membership is open to gay men, lesbians, bisexual, intersexed, transgendered,
and GLBT-sensitive individuals."

Wow. Pretty elite group of musicians there. The way I read the membership
requirements, you don't even have to play an instrument.

I did notice that they don't need any flute players.

--
John H.

John, I can't help it if you are a homophobic, head in the sand idiot.
"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Sir Rodney Smithers

Kevin,
See comments below.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
Kevin,

I'm not Kevin, dip****.

I am hestitant to tell you, but since you probably wont' use my parking
space, I will tell you my secret. I park on the side street next to
Agatha's. It is free.

What?????? You walk from Agatha's to the Woodruff Arts Center?
BWAAAHAAAA!!!!!
I take it you really don't know where you are, huh? You'd rather walk
13 or 14 city blocks than park AT the Woodruff Art Center's parking
garage?!!!!!

Kevin,

Sorry, I had a brain fart, and was thinking about the Fox when I said
Agatha's, I have parked on some of the side streets around the Art's
Center, but normally I park in the parking lot behind the Center.

I eat many places, but I do enjoy the Carribean
Rest. across from the Fox and on special occasions I have eaten at the
Table 1280 Restaurant I am not a big contributor, but I am a Sustaining
Member.

There is no "Carribean" restaurant across from the Fox!

Sure there is, it really is good, if you make it downtown you should try it.
It is called the Bridgetown Grill. "Bridgetown Grill Midtown Across From
The Fox Theatre 689 Peachtree Street Atlanta, GA 30308 (404-873-5361)
Conveniently located across from The Fox Theatre, Bridgetown Grill Midtown
includes The Mambo Room

And what name would that "sustaining member" be under?

It would be under mine and my wife's name.

Oh, by the way, do you remember blathering about the APO not being a
member of the AFO? When you did so, did you realize that neither is the
ASO?

So it looks like you saw the "Gay" Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra, did
you
enjoy it? Do you really think it is a good quality? Would you
recommend
it to your friends? Have you seen them perform often?

Yes, they are very enjoyable, and very good. I've stated such before.

Kevin - You need to talk to the people at the APO, they say they have not
had any performances what so ever. What venue did you see them perform?

I'm not Kevin, dip****. Now, again, do you still take the position, as
you have stated, that there IS NO Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra?

Kevin, try reading this slowly. I acknowledged (and have acknowledged many
times) that I had no idea two hobby orchestras use the name APO. I was
incorrect.

Now do you admit you were wrong you said the APO was a first class
orchestra, or is your position that a volunteer orchestra made up of any
gay, lesbian or transgender person who can pick up an instrument and who
has never performed in public is a first rate orchestra?

Ad from the Atlanta Gay Newspaper:
ATLANTA PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA. Atlanta gay symphony orchestra rehearses
from 7-9 p.m. All instruments and skill levels welcomed. First Metropolitan
Community Church of Atlanta, 1379 Tullie Road NE. 404-467-7796,