NOYB

Default Ping: Dr. Happy Tooth

wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
Sometime next February or March, my bride and I will be in Bal Harbour
and we've been toying with the idea of driving west on I-75 to Naples,
and then north to Tarpon Springs, and then over to Orlando.

Questions:

Is there anything worth stopping for on I-75? I've never been in that
part of Florida (across the bottom of the state, as it were)?

Is Naples worth a day or two? If so, what would you recommend seeing or
doing? What seafood restaurants would you recommend?

How about Cape Coral?

We prefer "venues" the locals frequent.

I've got an old friend in Tarpon Springs, so we're set for there.

Thanks.

--

Not much to see in Naples, unless you want to see swamp buggies.

It's that what you came here to see when you spent a week's vacation in
Naples?

From April, 2004:

basskisser:
"The last time I was in Naples? Spent a week there, with friends.
Wasn't in Naples the whole time. Did eat at a pretty cool place called
Tommy Bahama. Jerk chicken and they have there own brew called
Bungalow, or something similar. "

NOYB

Default Floriduh Traffic

"Skipper" wrote in message
P Fritz wrote:

Not much to see in Naples, unless you want to see swamp buggies.

Alligator alley:
Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum, it's at the Big Cypress Reservation about an hour
from Ft. Lauderdale.

Also there, if you want to stay in an authentic Seminole chickee hut,
there is Billie Swamp Safari, pretty cool place, it has a little eating
establishment called Swamp Water Cafe, very good catfish.

You should stop in Tampa for a meal and go to La Teresita, the REAL
deal in Cuban food.

Got trapped in one spot on 75 just east of Naples for 6 hours last year
because of a truck accident. Floriduh must have the lousiest traffic
control in the nation.

Why am I not surprised that Kevin would consider a place with the name
"billie" and "swamp" in it as cool

Deming NM has more going for it than Naples, Floriduh.

If you're boatless. Oh yeah, never mind...

NOYB

"Skipper" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

How's the salt water fishing in Deming, NM?
It pretty damned good in SW Florida.

Suspect several of us know a bit more about fishin' in SW Florida than
you do, Krause.

Yes, several posters here live in that area, and I am sure they do. You,
however, live in Derby, Kansas, are boatless, and don't know feces from
shoe polish, as you have proved here for years.

Then I'm sure they can relate to that blockage on 75 last year...and
that you, of course, cannot.

I'm almost never on that stretch of road. I put 6000 miles/year on my car
now that I've moved so close to my practice. But I vaguely remember when
that happened.

NOYB

"Skipper" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

Were you on I-75?

Check your inbox.

I don't have an "inbox" listed in my profile. is not a valid
email address.

Skipper wrote:
P Fritz wrote:

[...]

Damn, for once I agree with you, Skipper!

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
Sometime next February or March, my bride and I will be in Bal Harbour
and we've been toying with the idea of driving west on I-75 to Naples,
and then north to Tarpon Springs, and then over to Orlando.

Questions:

Is there anything worth stopping for on I-75? I've never been in that
part of Florida (across the bottom of the state, as it were)?

Is Naples worth a day or two? If so, what would you recommend seeing or
doing? What seafood restaurants would you recommend?

How about Cape Coral?

We prefer "venues" the locals frequent.

I've got an old friend in Tarpon Springs, so we're set for there.

Thanks.

--

Not much to see in Naples, unless you want to see swamp buggies.

...or unless you're a boater, or a golfer, or a fisherman, or enjoy shows
and concerts at the Naples Philharmonic, or beautiful sunsets on the beach
every night, etc.

Yup, nothing to see here. In fact, it would be better if you just stayed
home in Snellville. I'm sure there's *lots* to do there.

I don't live in Snellville, but, do you think that Naples is the only
place in the U.S. that has concerts? Ever hear of the Atlanta
Philharmonic? They are much more well known than Naples. Boating? Yep,
lots of that here. Fishing? Some of the best bass fisheries in the U.S.
are from 45 minutes to a couple of hours from my house. Oh, and the sun
shines here, too, and sets.

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

Uh, did you notice "with friends"????????? Didn't think so.

From April, 2004:

basskisser:
"The last time I was in Naples? Spent a week there, with friends.
Wasn't in Naples the whole time. Did eat at a pretty cool place called
Tommy Bahama. Jerk chicken and they have there own brew called
Bungalow, or something similar. "

Sir Rodney Smithers

Kevin,
There is no such thing as the Atlanta Philharmonic. We do have a great
symphony, but it is call the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. You should go down
and see them some time, they really are good.

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

John H.

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:33:07 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my
knighthood. wrote:

Kevin,
There is no such thing as the Atlanta Philharmonic. We do have a great
symphony, but it is call the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. You should go down
and see them some time, they really are good.

I don't live in Snellville, but, do you think that Naples is the only
place in the U.S. that has concerts? Ever hear of the Atlanta
Philharmonic? They are much more well known than Naples. Boating? Yep,
lots of that here. Fishing? Some of the best bass fisheries in the U.S.
are from 45 minutes to a couple of hours from my house. Oh, and the sun
shines here, too, and sets.

LMAO! Hooked again!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Dr. Happy Tooth NOYB General 0 November 14th 05 05:51 PM
Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Ping Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 26th 05 08:44 PM
OT, Happy Camper ed General 9 October 17th 05 05:14 PM