Sir Rodney Smithers

Default Ping: Dr. Happy Tooth

Kevin,
There is no such thing as the Atlanta Philharmonic. We do have a great
symphony, but it is call the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. You should go down
and see them some time, they really are good.

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
Sometime next February or March, my bride and I will be in Bal Harbour
and we've been toying with the idea of driving west on I-75 to Naples,
and then north to Tarpon Springs, and then over to Orlando.

Questions:

Is there anything worth stopping for on I-75? I've never been in that
part of Florida (across the bottom of the state, as it were)?

Is Naples worth a day or two? If so, what would you recommend seeing
or
doing? What seafood restaurants would you recommend?

How about Cape Coral?

We prefer "venues" the locals frequent.

I've got an old friend in Tarpon Springs, so we're set for there.

Thanks.

--
Not much to see in Naples, unless you want to see swamp buggies.

...or unless you're a boater, or a golfer, or a fisherman, or enjoy shows
and concerts at the Naples Philharmonic, or beautiful sunsets on the
beach
every night, etc.

Yup, nothing to see here. In fact, it would be better if you just stayed
home in Snellville. I'm sure there's *lots* to do there.

I don't live in Snellville, but, do you think that Naples is the only
place in the U.S. that has concerts? Ever hear of the Atlanta
Philharmonic? They are much more well known than Naples. Boating? Yep,
lots of that here. Fishing? Some of the best bass fisheries in the U.S.
are from 45 minutes to a couple of hours from my house. Oh, and the sun
shines here, too, and sets.