Default Where To Find Boat Cover For a Boat That Has a T-Top?

I am going to receive a 18-ft center console that has a T-top, and I
need to put a boat cover over it. But I have a hard time finding any
boat cover that can cover the T-top. All I can find are for boats that
don't have T-top. Can any one suggest a source where I can get a boat
cover for a boat that has a T-top?

Thanks.

Jay Chan

Local business, which has a big navy contract, wanted $ 1500.00 for a
custom fitted cover for a modest 19' sailboat. I bought a canvas tarp
on sale ($80.00) at an automotive type store instead.

I found a mail order source of a full boat cover for around $500 for
boats that have T-top. I thought that was expensive. Seem like
custom-made it is even more expensive.

I guess I just have to spend that $500 for a nice boat cover. I don't
want to put a blue tarp over my boat that will be parked near the
property line where my neighbor will have a full view of my boat. I
need something nicer.

Thanks.

Jay Chan

You can have a nice cover made with a cutout that fits snug
against the posts of the tee-top and covers the console, too.
No need to cover the entire tee-top.

This is something that I don't know about. I thought we need to cover
the entire upper part of the boat to protect the horizontal surface
from water/snow/UV/dust damage. If we only covered the T-top, the
console, and the seats, I thought the boat deck would be exposed to the
elements, right? Am I missing something? Do you mean we can use wax
to protect other part of the boat just like how we take care of our
cars? If this is true, this will be a very good news to me.

Jay Chan

If it's an open boat, then there really isn't a reason to cover the
whole boat - just where the electronics and controls are located.

As long as you keep the boat tilted properly so what water drains, you
shouldn't have any problems at all.

This is a Great news! The boat cover that can cover the entire boat is
too big and overpoweing for my taste anyway.

Now, I can start looking around for covers for the T-top, the console,
and the seat.

Jay Chan

Bill McKee

$500 sounds very reasonable. It is at least a boat buck ($100) for a good,
standard no frills boat cover for a 20' boat from wallywold. A Taylor
cover. It cost me $750 for a snap on trailering cover for my 21' forward
console boat. Made of Topgun fabric. Sunbrellas equivalent would have been
the same price.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I have changed my mind, and I have ordered a boat cover that covers the
entire boat including the T-top for $530

I need it because my boat has too many openings for water to get into
the hull. I don't have time to get everything fixed before the cold
winter comes. Therefore, I will have to protect the boat from the
elements as soon as possible, and allow the wet interior of the hull to
have a chance to dry up. Otherwise, water may freeze inside the hull
that is probably not good for the boat.

Moreover, the full-boat cover can shield me from the sun when I need to
work on the boat in a sunny day. And I can use the boat cover as a
make-believe tent for my kids

Jay Chan

Thinking of becoming a live aboard richard Cruising 27 November 3rd 05 09:27 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM