P Fritz

Default OT Alito a Judicial Activist

"OlBlueEyes" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote in
:

My problem with this guy is that he is out of the mainstream. I think
all judges should be more or less apolitical, and middle of the road.

Like Ruth Buzzy Ginsburg, former legal counsel for the ACLU?

For liebrals like harry, living in their fantasy land.......anyone that
doesn't agree with their myopic views is out of the mainstream.

Fortunately, less than 25% of the country defines themsleves as libral.

Bob

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:09:10 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

Judges should *enforce* the law, not make it......that is the legislators
job. Unfortunately the liberal justices have deiced to do otherwise.

wasn't aware scalia was a liberal. he recently said that, since xtians
make up 85% of the population, they have the right to have their
religious views be part of the govt, and minorities (jews, atheists,
etc), basically are out of luck

sounds like law making to me.

---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field
NOYB

"Bob" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:09:10 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

Judges should *enforce* the law, not make it......that is the legislators
job. Unfortunately the liberal justices have deiced to do otherwise.

wasn't aware scalia was a liberal. he recently said that, since xtians
make up 85% of the population, they have the right to have their
religious views be part of the govt, and minorities (jews, atheists,
etc), basically are out of luck

sounds like law making to me.

Pardon me for being skeptical, but I'd like to read a transcript of his
actual words, instead of your paraphrasing.

thunder

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:22:09 +0000, OlBlueEyes wrote:

thunder wrote in
:

The real question for any SC nominee is.........will you base your
decisions on the Constitution of the United States (and Amendments) and
what the founders originally intended?

Cite please? How the hell do you know what the original founders
intended?

Start with the Federalist Papers.

Oh please, I have read them. Perhaps, you might need a
refresher. The role of the judiciary is to interpret the law. Some of
those on the right seem to think that is making law.

And a dictionary.

Bob

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:46:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:09:10 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

Judges should *enforce* the law, not make it......that is the legislators
job. Unfortunately the liberal justices have deiced to do otherwise.

wasn't aware scalia was a liberal. he recently said that, since xtians
make up 85% of the population, they have the right to have their
religious views be part of the govt, and minorities (jews, atheists,
etc), basically are out of luck

sounds like law making to me.

Pardon me for being skeptical, but I'd like to read a transcript of his
actual words, instead of your paraphrasing.

fine. it was his dissent in the 'mccreary' decision:

With respect to public acknowledgment of religious belief, it is entirely
clear from our Nation's historical practices that the Establishment Clause
permits this disregard of polytheists and believers in unconcerned deities

http://balkin.blogspot.com/2005/06/j...-on-table.html