Bob

Default OT Alito a Judicial Activist

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:46:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:09:10 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

Judges should *enforce* the law, not make it......that is the legislators
job. Unfortunately the liberal justices have deiced to do otherwise.

wasn't aware scalia was a liberal. he recently said that, since xtians
make up 85% of the population, they have the right to have their
religious views be part of the govt, and minorities (jews, atheists,
etc), basically are out of luck

sounds like law making to me.

Pardon me for being skeptical, but I'd like to read a transcript of his
actual words, instead of your paraphrasing.

fine. it was his dissent in the 'mccreary' decision:

With respect to public acknowledgment of religious belief, it is entirely
clear from our Nation's historical practices that the Establishment Clause
permits this disregard of polytheists and believers in unconcerned deities

http://balkin.blogspot.com/2005/06/j...-on-table.html
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field