Paul

Default Holding tank

My holding tank is polyethylene (please don't make me type that word again).
It's in good shape except it has a sort of dent in it, the surveyor said
it's from someone's big fat foot using it as a step. I believe he may be
correct.

I would like to put a sign on it that says "no step" but from remembering
other posts about getting things to stick to this stuff I'm not sure if this
will work. Any ideas out there?

Oh yeah, and where exactly do you go to get a sign that says "no step"?
Couldn't even begin to guess.

Paul

Hi Peggie,

Thanks, a cover that can be stepped on is a terrific idea. Failing that a
computer generated and laminated sign is also a good idea.

I also have the link to your book now (which I was trolling for in another
posting) and I will be ordering as soon as my coffee kicks in.

Thanks,

Paul.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Paul wrote:
My holding tank is polyethylene (please don't make me type that word

again).
It's in good shape except it has a sort of dent in it, the surveyor said
it's from someone's big fat foot using it as a step. I believe he may be
correct.

I would like to put a sign on it that says "no step" but from

remembering
other posts about getting things to stick to this stuff I'm not sure if

this
will work. Any ideas out there?

The best solution would be a cover over it that can be stepped on.
However, any kind of contact cement should keep a sign on it...if it
comes loose in a year, glue it down again.

Oh yeah, and where exactly do you go to get a sign that says "no step"?
Couldn't even begin to guess.

Make one, using your own computer. Print it, have it laminated (Kinko's
does that), glue it on the tank.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Larry

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:56:07 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

My holding tank is polyethylene (please don't make me type that word again).
It's in good shape except it has a sort of dent in it, the surveyor said
it's from someone's big fat foot using it as a step. I believe he may be
correct.

I would like to put a sign on it that says "no step" but from remembering
other posts about getting things to stick to this stuff I'm not sure if this
will work. Any ideas out there?

Oh yeah, and where exactly do you go to get a sign that says "no step"?
Couldn't even begin to guess.

The aircraft maintenance shop of your local airport would have them.
Airplanes have them whereever you need to step to get into the
airplane on low-wing aircraft....(c;

I think in airplanes they are a status symbol......

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.

Sandy K.

"Paul" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
My holding tank is polyethylene (please don't make me type that word

again).
It's in good shape except it has a sort of dent in it, the surveyor said
it's from someone's big fat foot using it as a step. I believe he may be
correct.

I would like to put a sign on it that says "no step" but from remembering
other posts about getting things to stick to this stuff I'm not sure if

this
will work. Any ideas out there?

Oh yeah, and where exactly do you go to get a sign that says "no step"?
Couldn't even begin to guess.

I'm wondering why people are using your holding tank as a step in hte ifrst
place. It's a rare day when anyone is on my boat when I'm not there and
holding tanks are ususally located below decks in the bilge area. Could
this be something that happended prior to your purchase of the boat and is
not likely to happen again in the future??

Sandy K.

Peggie Hall

Sandy, mechanics are often on boats when no one else is aboard...and not
all of 'em are as careful as they should be. Neither are well-meaning
friends helping owners do engine work...I've had to stop more than one
of 'em from stepping on something they shouldn't.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Sandy K. wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

[...]

Sandy K.

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Sandy, mechanics are often on boats when no one else is aboard...and not
all of 'em are as careful as they should be. Neither are well-meaning
friends helping owners do engine work...I've had to stop more than one
of 'em from stepping on something they shouldn't.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Peggy -

Good point....

Sandy

Michael Sutton

..

I would like to put a sign on it that says "no step" but from remembering
other posts about getting things to stick to this stuff I'm not sure if this
will work. Any ideas out there?

No step signs.....
not that big in the boating industry, but real
big in the airplane industry.

Try an airplane supply store

or
No Step sign
http://www.thepilotsnest.com/Merchan...ct_Code=PN-612
WildestDream

I Know Granger and McMaster Carr would have a sign, we order alot of signs @
work. I think they get them from a saftey supply store. forgot the name.
http://www.grainger.com/production/i...ger-supply.htm $15.00

http://www.mcmaster.com/ search catalog page 1699 $3.35 goodluck

ble.rogers.com...