FRANKWBELL

Default First time out, I spun the prop

Yeah, I was showing off. I was with a co-worker of mine who had never been on
a powerboat, so I decided to see if I could still do a ski-turn.

That one went fine. But when I turned to go back up river to the ramp, there
it was.

The log. It was either hit it or hit the bank.

Was back out today with the re-hubbed prop and everything is fine once again.

Served me right, though.

Frank Bell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. Top Posting.

Marshall Banana

Also Sprach 1900 :

Why don't you like top-posting?

Question before answer comes the.

Dan

--
When someone ****es you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles in your
face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles in your arm to smack the
Grant

Not really.... You (or at least I) am reading the responses after the
original post and should therefore already have read the question or thread.
To me top posting is much more efficient, as you do not have to scroll all
the way down for the response. But to each their own, no?

"Marshall Banana" wrote in message
Also Sprach 1900 :

Why don't you like top-posting?

Question before answer comes the.

Dan

--
When someone ****es you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles in your
face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles in your arm to smack the
asshole in the head.

Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:09:09 -0400, something compelled "Grant"
, to say:

Not really.... You (or at least I) am reading the responses after the
original post and should therefore already have read the question or thread.

Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) has gotten a *lot* better
in the last few years. And it's not so much that the protocol
needed any work, rather it's the explosion in bandwidth
availability that has made USENET work so well lately.

It wasn't always the case that you could count on your readers
having access to all of the articles in any given group.
Propagation could take days, and in some cases articles appearing
in one newsfeed never did make it to another. Hell, Australians
had to wait until reels of tape were flown to the continent and
loaded onto some host before they had access to the latest news.

This spawned a culture that encouraged the editing of superfluous
text, while requiring some to be included so the conversation had
some continuity. It's also the reason why including new text
under the old is the preferred method. You couldn't count on
your reader having access to the article you were following up.

Those of us who have been doing this for awhile prefer to see new
text interspersed within the old. It's Just How It's Done, you
see.

To me top posting is much more efficient, as you do not have to scroll all
the way down for the response. But to each their own, no?

That's what editing is for.
Lorence M

1900 wrote:
Why don't you like top-posting?

Why don't you pass gas at the dinner table?

Netiquette.

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

There was a time when one needed an I.Q greater
than his shoe size to use the net.

Top posters and trolls, twit filters are
full of them.