Mike

Default 1971 Evinrude 50 hp tell tale

My old '71 Evinrude 50 doesn't have a tell tale, however, I read an
article on the net that stated hooking up a tell tale is relatively
simple.
The article said there is a bolt on the cylinder head that leads
directly to a water passage, that you remove this bolt and install a
fitting to connect your tell tale hose. But he doesn't say where the
bolt is located.
I've searched the net trying to find where this bolt is located with
no luck.
I'm beginning to think this bolt is a figment of someones imagination.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Billgran

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
My old '71 Evinrude 50 doesn't have a tell tale, however, I read an
article on the net that stated hooking up a tell tale is relatively
simple.
The article said there is a bolt on the cylinder head that leads
directly to a water passage, that you remove this bolt and install a
fitting to connect your tell tale hose. But he doesn't say where the
bolt is located.
I've searched the net trying to find where this bolt is located with
no luck.
I'm beginning to think this bolt is a figment of someones imagination.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The '71 50hp does not have a bolt that can be removed for a "tell-tale".

Bill Grannis
service manager

trainfan1

Default 1971 Evinrude 50 hp tell tale Tall Tale

Mike wrote:
My old '71 Evinrude 50 doesn't have a tell tale, however, I read an
article on the net that stated hooking up a tell tale is relatively
simple.
The article said there is a bolt on the cylinder head that leads
directly to a water passage, that you remove this bolt and install a
fitting to connect your tell tale hose. But he doesn't say where the
bolt is located.
I've searched the net trying to find where this bolt is located with
no luck.
I'm beginning to think this bolt is a figment of someones imagination.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It won't work... ther is no such bolt on those loopers.

Get used to the sound of the exhaust at start-up. It is usually a
little louder until the exhaust mixes with water and is silenced at the
exhaust reliefs at the rear of the leg below the powerhead. Water will
run out of these ports nearly all the time at different rates and at
different speeds. Just be aware of regular flow here... it will serve
as your "tell-tale".

Rob

1994 evinrude 115hp hesitation problem Scott Petrola General 2 June 10th 04 11:49 AM
wich sparkplug for evinrude 4 hp Jan General 1 November 12th 03 12:27 AM
evinrude 2+4 & 2 stroke oil question Clams Canino General 3 September 28th 03 01:28 PM
Evinrude Model Year? DJ General 2 September 13th 03 09:35 AM
evinrude 4 HP 2 cyl runs rough Jan General 6 August 5th 03 10:27 PM