Scott Petrola

Default 1994 evinrude 115hp hesitation problem

HELP,

We have a 1994 evinrude v4 115 hp outboard on a four winns 18ft ski boat
(freedom), it idles fine but once you hit the throttle (like to pull a
skier up) it wants to (or does) die, doesn't matter if it's cold or
hot. To keep it running you push in on the key (choke) for just a sec or
two and that seems to keep it running, but it takes forever to get on
plane. Once you get it up on plane it runs good. We did I think have
the carbs re-built a couple years ago but the boat hasn't been used very
much at all, maybe 20 hrs, if that and it was winterized. Any
suggestions????

Thanks,

Scott Petrola

Mickey

Scott

I just rebuilt my 1986 Johnson 100hp carbs and the carbs were a mess in the
bottom of the fuel bowl there are the mid and high speed jets and depending
on which way your motor leans it can clog up those low lying jets. Try
taking out those side screws from the fuel bowl and removing the jet inside
you may need to grind a small screwdriver or buy the jet removal tool and
see if it's clogged you need to do this from both sides. To get to the other
jets you need to take the fuel bowl off so you might as well plan on another
carb rebuild.

Mick

"Scott Petrola" wrote in message
HELP,

We have a 1994 evinrude v4 115 hp outboard on a four winns 18ft ski boat
(freedom), it idles fine but once you hit the throttle (like to pull a
skier up) it wants to (or does) die, doesn't matter if it's cold or
hot. To keep it running you push in on the key (choke) for just a sec or
two and that seems to keep it running, but it takes forever to get on
plane. Once you get it up on plane it runs good. We did I think have
the carbs re-built a couple years ago but the boat hasn't been used very
much at all, maybe 20 hrs, if that and it was winterized. Any
suggestions????

Thanks,

Scott Petrola

basskisser

Scott Petrola wrote in message ...
HELP,

We have a 1994 evinrude v4 115 hp outboard on a four winns 18ft ski boat
(freedom), it idles fine but once you hit the throttle (like to pull a
skier up) it wants to (or does) die, doesn't matter if it's cold or
hot. To keep it running you push in on the key (choke) for just a sec or
two and that seems to keep it running, but it takes forever to get on
plane. Once you get it up on plane it runs good. We did I think have
the carbs re-built a couple years ago but the boat hasn't been used very
much at all, maybe 20 hrs, if that and it was winterized. Any
suggestions????

Thanks,

Scott Petrola

It sounds like a carb problem. You may also have a GOOD tune-up done,
link and sync, etc.

Evinrude 25 hp problem Benjamin Ransum General 7 November 13th 03 05:41 PM
Four winns, 115 HP Turbojet (Johnson Evinrude), 1994 Jay General 0 August 21st 03 12:50 AM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
Problem starting Evinrude dmp General 9 June 30th 03 04:28 PM