Jay

Default Four winns, 115 HP Turbojet (Johnson Evinrude), 1994

Hi all,

I just joined the group and haven't "hunted" through besides a quick scan
for the keywords in the subject of this message. I've recently been
considering purchasing a Four Winns speedboat, with a115 hp turbojet engine.
I'm wondering if there's anyone on this ng who would advise me against
buying it, or sway me towards buying it. I'm already aware of the fuel
consumption issues (it drinks gas apparently) and realize that from a
practical standpoint, this boat is pointless, but I am interested in finding
out the following:

Any known mechanical issues? Is the boat fairly reliable?
Would anyone recall what this type of boat might have sold for in 1994, when
it was new?
Could $5,900 Cdn (about $4,500 US) be considered a decent price for it?
(that's the "book" price that the dealer looked up for me).

Thanks to anyone who can offer any info/advice!