Billgran

Default 1971 Evinrude 50 hp tell tale

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
My old '71 Evinrude 50 doesn't have a tell tale, however, I read an
article on the net that stated hooking up a tell tale is relatively
simple.
The article said there is a bolt on the cylinder head that leads
directly to a water passage, that you remove this bolt and install a
fitting to connect your tell tale hose. But he doesn't say where the
bolt is located.
I've searched the net trying to find where this bolt is located with
no luck.
I'm beginning to think this bolt is a figment of someones imagination.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The '71 50hp does not have a bolt that can be removed for a "tell-tale".

Bill Grannis
service manager