Derek

Default chrysler sailor 250

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:36:01 -0400, Mike
wrote:

In article , wwj2110
says...
I have a 10 hp chrysler sailor 250 that was running at about 75% throttle for a
few hours & came to an abrupt halt. It tries to start & has good spark & 80#
compression in each cylinder. Seems like its trying to start under a
resistance.I tried to keep it going by squirting gas into the carburator with
nogood results. Any suggestions?

A big one.

Don't try to keep it running by squirting gas into the carburetor. After
that and from the description I would suspect a lubrication failure
causing some seizing

Had a similar thing happen to me, this was a heat seize. Weeds blocked
the water inlet. The motor shut down pretty smartly (Johnson 15 HP).
The motor ran afterwards never the same until it was honed and new
rings installed.

It should run with 80 psi compression, maybe reed valve or carb
problem. Also, check woodruff key in flywleel has not sheared.

Mike

In article , wwj2110
@aol.com says...

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods

'78 Chrysler 45 HP for parts avail John M General 0 April 27th 04 02:55 PM
Electronic ignition distributor for Chrysler inboard Dave General 5 March 27th 04 05:11 PM
Chrysler engine cut-out Dave General 3 January 2nd 04 04:10 AM
1980's era Chrysler outboards Mike General 5 September 28th 03 05:28 PM
Chrysler Outboard Question. Joe Here General 4 August 13th 03 09:48 PM