Mike

Default 1980's era Chrysler outboards

Anyone have an opinion on Chrysler outboards? I have the opportunity to buy
a 50 hp.

Mike

Cathy & Mike

I have a 75HP and it runs great. It's on a 16ft Tri-hull boat. Top speed:
about 28 Mph. Only complaint, really hard to find parts for when you need
them.

Happy boating,
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
Anyone have an opinion on Chrysler outboards? I have the opportunity to

buy
a 50 hp.

Mike

Joe Here

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 03:34:24 -0500, "Mike"
wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on Chrysler outboards? I have the opportunity to buy
a 50 hp.

Mike

I have an old 45 HP form around the sixties. I got it cheap, and while
it's no rocket, it performs well for it's age. I would prefer more
than the 2 cylinders that it has, for smoothness and idling, but there
are advantages too. The single carb eliminates fear of damaging other
cylinders through starvation.

I guess it all boils down to price......not the sort of motor I would
put on my wish list.

Good Luck.
Trainfan1

Simple and straight forward, based on 1960's designs, mechanically generally
reliable. The weak spot would be the electronic ignition, as they switched
to "MagnaPower" CD ignition in the 1970's after bouts with a magneto
ignition and conventional battery ignition. The modules may be hard to
find, as well as some other parts, but that engine changed very little as it
was absorbed into US Marine / Force / Brunswick and there is still some OEM
and a lot of aftermarket and salvage parts support.

Rob
*
*
*