BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT The Conservative Brain (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/502-ot-conservative-brain.html)

NOYB August 12th 03 12:35 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

. net...
When I first started reading rec.boats I could not understand why so

many
people spent so much time arguing in here. Now I know, it is just fun

pull their strings. And you are right, Harry is about as insecure as
Basskisser.

I'm very secure...you, on the other hand, don't know a damned thing
about me, and think you do. That is called ignorance.

You swear a lot. And you're very abusive to others. How are things at
home? I'm quite worried about you.

NOYB August 12th 03 12:37 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

I wonder how many of the conservatives here knew the answer to that? I
guess you guys *do* know some things that we don't...like the proper way to
grow pot.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
:-) To answer his question, the fluorescent tubes should be 2-3" from the
leaves and moved daily as the plants grow. Doesn't matter if it's pot,
zinnias or lettuce.

"Joe" wrote in message

Hey, idiot, you've not given any evidence that the "courts found out
you grow marijuana." Try now?

If they wanted to, they could probably get a search warrant based on

your
own admission.

http://tinyurl.com/jopq

http://tinyurl.com/joqc

Gould 0738 August 12th 03 01:04 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

I wonder how many of the conservatives here knew the answer to that? I
guess you guys *do* know some things that we don't...like the proper way to
grow pot.

If you grow enough pot, you make a lot of money. People with a lot of money
tend to be conservative.

If you're going to grow outdoors, you need
to watch over your plants with a loaded gun. People willing to shoot somebody
else over property tend to be conservative.

So, inspite of a dedicated effort to spin this some other way, it would seem to
me (a completely impartial observer, as it were), that most guys and gals with
a pot plantation are probably conservative. :-)

Jim August 12th 03 01:23 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

If you grow enough pot, you make a lot of money. People with a lot of money
tend to be conservative.

If you're going to grow outdoors, you need
to watch over your plants with a loaded gun. People willing to shoot somebody
else over property tend to be conservative.

So Chuck, I see you are up to your generalizations about people once again. :-)

Gould 0738 August 12th 03 01:41 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

So Chuck, I see you are up to your generalizations about people once again.
:-)

And I see you left out the "punch line" completely. Couldn't be more obvious,
could you? Keep spinning that fast, and you will get dizzier than ever.

Calif Bill August 12th 03 01:44 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Joe" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
:-) To answer his question, the fluorescent tubes should be 2-3" from

the
leaves and moved daily as the plants grow. Doesn't matter if it's pot,
zinnias or lettuce.

You only answered one of his questions.
He also wanted to know how to identify a male plant from a female.

Just check their genes.
Bill

Jim August 12th 03 02:03 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

If you grow enough pot, you make a lot of money. People with a lot of money

.. tend to be conservative.

If you're going to grow outdoors, you need
to watch over your plants with a loaded gun. People willing to shoot somebody
else over property tend to be conservative.

So Chuck, I see you are up to your generalizations about people once again. :-)

And I see you left out the "punch line" completely. Couldn't be more obvious,
could you? Keep spinning that fast, and you will get dizzier than ever.

Relax Chuck. Didn't ya' notice the smiley face at the end of my post? My you are a
grump tonight.

jps August 12th 03 03:14 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

A good example of the Conservative Brain at work?

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
et...
LOL, I said I don't know if the courts know about the illegal activity you
do in your house, but Since I have your ID Number, I guess I can just
forward it to Atlanta, Gwinnett, Dekalb and Forsyth and they can contact
your ISP and get your address.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

. net...
Basskisser asked:

Please provide ANY shred of evidence that the "courts.........found
out your grow marijuana" Can't? Didn't think so

Darn you are right, I don't know if the courts know about the illegal
activity you do in your home, but if you let me know what county you

live in
I will make sure this is corrected.

Can I be honest with you, anyone who makes a post in alt.drugs.pot

about
growing dope, should not be calling anyone, and I do mean anyone

stupid.
That must be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of.

Now for what it is worth, I don't care if anyone smokes dope as long

as
they
don't smoke and drive, but only a complete idiot make a post like the

one
below and then go out of his way to **** people off. You would make a

great
antidrug commercial.

jps August 12th 03 06:09 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

link.net...

"Bill Cole" wrote in message

. net...
When I first started reading rec.boats I could not understand why so

many
people spent so much time arguing in here. Now I know, it is just fun

pull their strings. And you are right, Harry is about as insecure as
Basskisser.

I'm very secure...you, on the other hand, don't know a damned thing
about me, and think you do. That is called ignorance.

You swear a lot. And you're very abusive to others. How are things at
home? I'm quite worried about you.

Have you forgotten your conservative roots? Shame on your for caring about
somebody after they're born.

Doug Kanter August 12th 03 03:40 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Joe" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
:-) To answer his question, the fluorescent tubes should be 2-3" from

the
leaves and moved daily as the plants grow. Doesn't matter if it's pot,
zinnias or lettuce.

You only answered one of his questions.
He also wanted to know how to identify a male plant from a female.

Answer: "Library"

:-)

jps August 12th 03 05:02 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

Have you posted anything about a boat? Or are you just here to tweak
people?

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
Noah,
I could care less if anyone smokes or grows dope in their home, but only

an
idiot would make a post about it and then spend 90% of his time picking
fights on Usenet and threaten to break peoples necks.
I started reading this NG thinking it was about boats, I realize that it

is
about tweaking other people who posts in here, and I am just tweaking the
local idiot. If you think my few posts in rec.boats will make a

difference
in the signal to noise ratio in the NG you are mistaken.

Bill Cole August 12th 03 06:07 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

jps,
Are you here to discuss boats, or you are here to cut and paste bull****
political articles? The few posts I make tweaking idiots such as yourself
are nothing compared to the crap you post. The only difference between me
tweaking an idiot and your posts are I am up front about what I am doing,
and I waste 1/10 of the bandwidth you do, tweaking the conservatives.

basskisser August 12th 03 07:54 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Bill Cole" wrote in message

. net...
When I first started reading rec.boats I could not understand why so

many
people spent so much time arguing in here. Now I know, it is just fun

pull their strings. And you are right, Harry is about as insecure as
Basskisser.

I'm very secure...you, on the other hand, don't know a damned thing
about me, and think you do. That is called ignorance.

You swear a lot. And you're very abusive to others. How are things at
home? I'm quite worried about you.

I "swear a lot" because I said "damned"? Are you serious? I'm the one
who is worried about YOU. And, for your information, things couldn't
be better "at home". I'm abusive to others? Take a good hard, look.
See who starts calling who names first here. Joe, Shelikoff, Bill
Cole, you, and Calif Bill. Typical conservatives, all of you.

basskisser August 12th 03 07:56 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Joe" wrote in message ...
Hey, idiot, you've not given any evidence that the "courts found out
you grow marijuana." Try now?

If they wanted to, they could probably get a search warrant based on your
own admission.

http://tinyurl.com/jopq

http://tinyurl.com/joqc

Who is "they", JoeTechnician? Now, please answer the question. I
asked, what evidence do you have that the "courts found out you grow
marijuana"?

basskisser August 12th 03 08:03 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Bill Cole" wrote in message . net...
Basskisser asked:

Please provide ANY shred of evidence that the "courts.........found
out your grow marijuana" Can't? Didn't think so

Darn you are right, I don't know if the courts know about the illegal
activity you do in your home, but if you let me know what county you live in
I will make sure this is corrected.

What's the matter, there, Billy? Are you really so uptight and idiotic
that you need to threaten to have people arrested because you're so
inferior? Or like a true conservative, you must stop this ungodly
illegal activity?

Can I be honest with you, anyone who makes a post in alt.drugs.pot about
growing dope, should not be calling anyone, and I do mean anyone stupid.
That must be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of.

Your're stupid.

Now for what it is worth, I don't care if anyone smokes dope as long as they
don't smoke and drive, but only a complete idiot make a post like the one
below and then go out of his way to **** people off. You would make a great
antidrug commercial.

Yeah, right, whatever.

noah August 13th 03 12:15 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:46:57 GMT, "Bill Cole"
wrote:

Noah,
I could care less if anyone smokes or grows dope in their home, but only an
idiot would make a post about it and then spend 90% of his time picking
fights on Usenet and threaten to break peoples necks.
I started reading this NG thinking it was about boats, I realize that it is
about tweaking other people who posts in here, and I am just tweaking the
local idiot. If you think my few posts in rec.boats will make a difference
in the signal to noise ratio in the NG you are mistaken.

Bill, I appreciate your rational response, I expected to get flamed.
If bk is indeed "the poster formerly known as Jim Dandy", then I
understand your zeal. I DO wish you kids would take your horse-apple
fights outside, though. It makes a mess of the house. :o)

Incidently, there is a lot of information about boats here, and quite
a few people who are willing to offer on-topic help and info. Some of
these guys know more than the average dealer or marine mechanic. You
just have to look for the mushrooms and avoid the fertilizer.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats

Rural Knight August 13th 03 12:21 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

wrote:

[...]

Now who is turning a nifty phrase? ;)

Look for the mushrooms and avoid the fertilizer indeed.

Later,

Tom

Joe August 13th 03 12:47 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

Bill, I appreciate your rational response, I expected to get flamed.
If bk is indeed "the poster formerly known as Jim Dandy", then I
understand your zeal.

Without a doubt it is he.

Harry Krause August 13th 03 01:21 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

noah wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:21:15 GMT, "Rural Knight"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

It's the damnedest thing, Tom. Every once in a while, one of these
old synapses will fire-off by accident, and something useful comes
out.

Scares the hell out me, actually. It's like scuffing along in wool
socks and touching the doorknob. Or the cat. The cat hates it.

Regards,
noah :o)

Hmmm. Against the law to smoke dope in your house...
OK to have a dope in the White House.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

noah August 13th 03 01:45 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

wrote:

[...]

You have it all wrong, Harry. The law reads that it is illegal to
possess dope, no matter what color your house is. Smoking it is not
specifically addressed. However, *blowing* smoke is allowed if you
live in the White House. In fact, it is mandatory. Paradoxically,
setting fire to the dope in the White House is strictly illegal. Go
figure. Damned revenuers...

What does this have to do with scaring the cat? Is your reader messed
up, or is mine? I'm confused. Gonna' go pick some mushrooms. Don't
have to smoke 'em. :o)

Joe August 13th 03 01:49 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

Harry,
I'm beginning to think the folks at MD DNR had a reason for the

registration on
the bow of your boat. Those last two letters aren't assigned capriciously,

you
know
.
John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

What are they?

AH?
DH?
FF?
DB?
JO?

Steven Shelikoff August 13th 03 03:46 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:35:00 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

.net...
When I first started reading rec.boats I could not understand why so

many
people spent so much time arguing in here. Now I know, it is just fun

pull their strings. And you are right, Harry is about as insecure as
Basskisser.

I'm very secure...you, on the other hand, don't know a damned thing
about me, and think you do. That is called ignorance.

You swear a lot. And you're very abusive to others. How are things at
home? I'm quite worried about you.

Actually, I'm more worried about his family. He shows quite a penchant
for violent threats and outbursts. He admitted that those outbursts are
caused by him getting frustrated. And a mind as simple as his probably
gets frustrated easily.

Steve

Steven Shelikoff August 13th 03 03:55 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Bill Cole" wrote in message

[...]

Watch out. This nutcase basskisser is starting an "enemies list" of
people he's going to stalk and snap their pencil necks.

Steve

Calif Bill August 13th 03 05:09 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:35:00 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

snip
Steve

Nice to see you back. Been boating? Or working?
Bill

NOYB August 13th 03 04:57 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
I haven't called you a name. I just don't think you're very smart...or
stable.

Wow...that's rich, coming from a guy who has explicitly stated that women
are of little or no use in a business setting. :-)

I never said such a thing. I just said that they're emotionally fragile and
many times create problems where problems don't exist.

jps August 13th 03 05:15 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

Uh huh. If you didn't "contribute" your baseless drivel, bandwidth would go
down? Using your computation and the fact that my posts are crap, that
means you're only willing to dump 10% of the raw sewage into the lake that
someone else is.

So, what's your excuse now?

Bill Cole August 13th 03 05:37 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

Watching some of the idiots in here, such as yourself and basskisser, it is
just too temping not to highlight your stupidity, the only problem is
sometimes you just make it too easy, like your response to this post.

Doug Kanter August 13th 03 06:57 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
I haven't called you a name. I just don't think you're very

smart...or
stable.

Wow...that's rich, coming from a guy who has explicitly stated that

women
are of little or no use in a business setting. :-)

I never said such a thing. I just said that they're emotionally fragile

and
many times create problems where problems don't exist.

:-) Right.

Steven Shelikoff August 14th 03 04:57 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:09:53 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:35:00 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

snip
Steve

Nice to see you back. Been boating? Or working?

I haven't been boating since the weenend befor last. I fried one of my
batteries, but it was getting old anyway. 4 years isn't bad life for a
battery, especially a cheap one. I just bought 2 new ones since I
figure the other is probably about to go also. I'll try them out this
weekend.

Steve

jps August 14th 03 08:25 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

More drivel from Bill, or is it Charles?

Are you the same idiot who for months could only reply "shut up" when Harry
posted?

You've filled many lines with insults and next to no information. Waste of
bandwidth? Oh yeah, you're a full participant.

Why don't you grace us with your vast knowledge of the American automobile
industry and tell us about union workers, plant management and the clever
engineers who came up with planned obsolescence?

I, for one, am aching to learn from your deep pit of knowledge.

et...

Bill Cole August 14th 03 12:55 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

jps,
If you or anyone else comes to rec.boats or any Usenet forum to learn
anything you are wasting your time. Usenet is nothing more than a way to
shot the **** with people you enjoy and to argue with those you don't.

Now this does not mean there are not very intelligent people who posts in
UseNet, but the boating info in here ranges from the complete novice who
post dangerous info (i.e. Skipper) to experienced (i.e. Gould, Harry and a
few others). So while you might get an accurate response to a question you
posts, for every good answer you will receive at least twice as many bad and
dangerous responses.

You would be able to find an accurate answer to any question you have much
quicker at the library than you ever would in UseNet.

Now the fact that you and many others would come to rec.boats to discuss
"the American automobile industry, union workers, plant management and the
clever engineers who came up with planned obsolescence" highlights the
reason why only a fool would use rec.boats as a resource tool.

Rec.boats is nothing more than a bull**** session, don't fool yourself.

"jps" wrote in message
More drivel from Bill, or is it Charles?

Are you the same idiot who for months could only reply "shut up" when

Harry
posted?

You've filled many lines with insults and next to no information. Waste

of
bandwidth? Oh yeah, you're a full participant.

Why don't you grace us with your vast knowledge of the American automobile
industry and tell us about union workers, plant management and the clever
engineers who came up with planned obsolescence?

I, for one, am aching to learn from your deep pit of knowledge.

et...

noah August 15th 03 12:55 AM

OT The Conservative Brain

If what you say is true, then we have people like you to thank for it.
Since rec.boats is a good resource, I would say that your perspective
is a bit screwed...er, I mean skewed.

It is unfortunate that the rec.boats charter never anticipated the
volume and extent of meaningless, nasty, vindictive personal posting
that would occur here. Other newsgroups have a bit more to say about
the "flavor" of their group. I am not an advocate of moderated
groups, but guidelines are sometimes a good thing.

Sounds like the guy that blew bubbles out his swim trunks, then
pointed out that there was a turd in the pool.

noah

"jps" wrote in message
More drivel from Bill, or is it Charles?

Are you the same idiot who for months could only reply "shut up" when

Harry
posted?

You've filled many lines with insults and next to no information. Waste

of
bandwidth? Oh yeah, you're a full participant.

Why don't you grace us with your vast knowledge of the American automobile
industry and tell us about union workers, plant management and the clever
engineers who came up with planned obsolescence?

I, for one, am aching to learn from your deep pit of knowledge.

et...

noah August 15th 03 02:22 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 02:41:11 GMT, "Bill Cole"
wrote:

Noah,
For every good factually accurate response in rec.boats or any NG there
will be 10 that are inaccurate or unsafe. Now if you are fairly
knowledgeable on a subject, or are willing to verify the info from another
source (i.e. mechanic or library) the NG can be a fun way to discuss your
thoughts or ideas, but anyone who uses a NG as the last word on any topic is
a fool. It makes as much sense as asking for medical information in a
theater, you are more likely to get inaccurate information than you will get
good advice.
If you don't believe me, take a look at any topic you are knowledgeable on,
and see how many people give bad advice.

The NG is a great place to shot the ****, pass some time, but don't take the
personalities or the advice too seriously.

I agree in priciple with "all of the above". As to the volume of
off-topic posting, I live with it, like most everyone else. Since the
Charter is *entirely* concerned with On-topic information (the group
founders never anticipated what would happen), and failed to address
Off-topic posting entirely, the ONLY guidelines are common sense and
self-control. Most posters excercise these attributes. A few have
never heard of them.

I find some of the political discussions interesting. The three-month
long bilateral personal attacks are moronic, and an insult to the
group in general.

My two cents,
noah

.. .

"jps" wrote in message
More drivel from Bill, or is it Charles?

Are you the same idiot who for months could only reply "shut up" when
Harry
posted?

You've filled many lines with insults and next to no information.

Waste
of
bandwidth? Oh yeah, you're a full participant.

Why don't you grace us with your vast knowledge of the American

automobile
industry and tell us about union workers, plant management and the

clever
engineers who came up with planned obsolescence?

I, for one, am aching to learn from your deep pit of knowledge.

et...

Doug Kanter August 15th 03 02:50 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

"noah" wrote in message

I find some of the political discussions interesting. The three-month
long bilateral personal attacks are moronic, and an insult to the
group in general.

My two cents,
noah

I view this venue in the same way as the bar at a marina. If you found
people there discussing nothing but boats, you could be quite sure you'd
found a bar full of robots.

noah August 15th 03 07:37 PM

OT The Conservative Brain

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:50:15 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"noah" wrote in message
.. .

I find some of the political discussions interesting. The three-month
long bilateral personal attacks are moronic, and an insult to the
group in general.

My two cents,
noah

I view this venue in the same way as the bar at a marina. If you found
people there discussing nothing but boats, you could be quite sure you'd
found a bar full of robots.

I hope I made it clear that I agree with your comment Doug. The ones
I could live without are the abusive, profane, name-calling contests
over nothing, that go on forever. It doesn't take much wit, or
intelligence, to incessantly curse out an adversary. I've never
kill-filed anyone, but I've been sorely tempted.

Regards,
noah