88SeaRay270

Default OEM or aftermarket exhaust manifolds?

Quick question to all who have experience replacing exhaust manifolds. I
need to replace the exhaust manifolds & elbows on my 1988 4.3L Mercruiser
sterndrive. If I go with aftermarket parts, I think I can save about $100.
I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the potential problems, if any.
Are the aftermarket models bolt in with no issues??

Thanks!

trainfan1

88SeaRay270 wrote:
Quick question to all who have experience replacing exhaust manifolds. I
need to replace the exhaust manifolds & elbows on my 1988 4.3L Mercruiser
sterndrive. If I go with aftermarket parts, I think I can save about $100.
I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the potential problems, if any.
Are the aftermarket models bolt in with no issues??

Thanks!

Now would be the time to free-up that back pressure and lighten the load
in the boat by switching to Stainless Marine SS manifolds & risers...
I'm not sure they're made for the 4.3 V-6, but they are for the V-8s...

Rob
John H

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:04:18 -0400, trainfan1 wrote:

88SeaRay270 wrote:
Quick question to all who have experience replacing exhaust manifolds. I
need to replace the exhaust manifolds & elbows on my 1988 4.3L Mercruiser
sterndrive. If I go with aftermarket parts, I think I can save about $100.
I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the potential problems, if any.
Are the aftermarket models bolt in with no issues??

Thanks!

Now would be the time to free-up that back pressure and lighten the load
in the boat by switching to Stainless Marine SS manifolds & risers...
I'm not sure they're made for the 4.3 V-6, but they are for the V-8s...

Rob

Tell me more. I'm approaching the end of the eighth season with the manifolds
and risers on my 5.7L. What is a good source for the stainless set? Is the life
expectancy much greater than for the iron?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

John H

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:44:21 -0400, "Woodchuck"
wrote:

www.stainlessmarine.com

.. .

wrote:

88SeaRay270 wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Have you had experience with them?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Woodchuck

I have purchased from them over the last several years without problems.
Very friendly no matter how little money you spend there.

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:44:21 -0400, "Woodchuck"
wrote:

www.stainlessmarine.com

.. .

wrote:

88SeaRay270 wrote:
[...]

John H

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:23:37 -0400, "Woodchuck"
wrote:

I have purchased from them over the last several years without problems.
Very friendly no matter how little money you spend there.

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:44:21 -0400, "Woodchuck"
wrote:

www.stainlessmarine.com

.. .
wrote:

88SeaRay270 wrote:
[...]

Thanks again. Appreciate the help.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

RFC/RFI: Aftermarket Alpha Outdrives Bob D. General 6 May 7th 04 03:36 PM
DIY Exhaust Lloyd Sumpter General 0 December 29th 03 11:37 PM
Exhaust conversion to thru-hull Tan PS General 1 December 28th 03 04:49 PM
Mechanics / Boat Savy: Exhaust Manifold & Thermostat Housing Matt General 8 November 7th 03 02:42 AM
Exhaust question on inboard 1958 Chris Craft Gary Warner General 5 September 25th 03 12:32 AM