Lloyd Sumpter

Default DIY Exhaust

Hi,

More on the Continuing Saga of Far Cove's Engine...

My engine dealer tells me one difference between the M25 (what I have)
and the M25XPB (what I'm getting) is the exhaust: it's a hose-clamp
fitting rather than a screw-in, and he suggested that the "typical"
exhaust for the M25 is smaller in diameter than for the XPB.

Which means I'll probably have to replace the custom exhaust "riser" in
Far Cove. (donno if "riser" is the right word: it's the pipe from the
manifold to the cast-iron elbow where the cooling water is injected)

I was thinking: I used a flexible stainless-steel "hose" wrapped in
hi-temp insulation for my diesel furnace exhaust: Can I use this for a
26hp diesel engine? Any pros/cons? Seems to me it would be cheaper than
the $1000 I spent to replace the exhaust last time, and it would be
flexible so it would be easier to install/align/etc. the engine.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Exhaust conversion to thru-hull Tan PS General 1 December 28th 03 04:49 PM
Mechanics / Boat Savy: Exhaust Manifold & Thermostat Housing Matt General 8 November 7th 03 02:42 AM
OMC Cobra exhaust question Jim General 2 October 20th 03 05:17 AM
Exhaust question on inboard 1958 Chris Craft Gary Warner General 5 September 25th 03 12:32 AM
Steam in exhaust Grampa Bob General 3 July 21st 03 01:25 PM