Jim

Default OMC Cobra exhaust question

I had my 4.3L OMC Cobra running on a flushing adapter and noticed that
some of the exhaust comes out the botton of the transom adapter and
some comes out through the prop hub. I thought all of it would be
coming out through the hub. I also noticed that all the hot water
seemed to come out through the transom adapter and mostly stream
through the prop. This this normal or a problem?

Thanks
Billgran

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
I had my 4.3L OMC Cobra running on a flushing adapter and noticed that
some of the exhaust comes out the botton of the transom adapter and
some comes out through the prop hub. I thought all of it would be
coming out through the hub. I also noticed that all the hot water
seemed to come out through the transom adapter and mostly stream
through the prop. This this normal or a problem?

Thanks

There are two holes in the transom plate that allow for idle exhaust relief.
Water and exhaust coming out is normal.

Bill Grannis
service manager

DMU

Normal Dude, My 5.8 OMC does the same.

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
I had my 4.3L OMC Cobra running on a flushing adapter and noticed that
some of the exhaust comes out the botton of the transom adapter and
some comes out through the prop hub. I thought all of it would be
coming out through the hub. I also noticed that all the hot water
seemed to come out through the transom adapter and mostly stream
through the prop. This this normal or a problem?

Thanks

Winterizing question plus. rock_doctor General 3 October 19th 03 02:24 AM
Exhaust question on inboard 1958 Chris Craft Gary Warner General 5 September 25th 03 12:32 AM
Usage of motoroil Steven Shelikoff General 153 September 17th 03 12:55 PM
Steam in exhaust Grampa Bob General 3 July 21st 03 01:25 PM
Cobra Shift Problem Ed General 0 July 11th 03 07:04 PM