Default Coastal cleanup

Locally, we had a cleanup of debris from Hurricane Dennis that had
washed into the salt marshes. Although I wish they would have waited a
few weeks till it wasnt so hot and snakey, a lot of stuff got picked
up.
I found:

A good 10 lb sledge hammer with nice fibreglass handle that had somehow
washed waaay up into the marsh.

A good Garcia rod n reel that I think I can fix

A vacuum cleaner (dead)

2 boat bilge pumps (dead)

A small refillable propane stainless steel cylinder for a boat, very
nice but I wont trust it after what it has been through.

A full unopened wax cardboard 1 quart container of Ortho Fire-Ant
killer , just what the salt marsh didnt need.

2 55 gal plastic floats in very good shape

A lot of other useless trash.

Bryan

wrote in message
oups.com...
Locally, we had a cleanup of debris from Hurricane Dennis that had
washed into the salt marshes. Although I wish they would have waited a
few weeks till it wasnt so hot and snakey, a lot of stuff got picked
up.
I found:

A good 10 lb sledge hammer with nice fibreglass handle that had somehow
washed waaay up into the marsh.

A good Garcia rod n reel that I think I can fix

A vacuum cleaner (dead)

2 boat bilge pumps (dead)

A small refillable propane stainless steel cylinder for a boat, very
nice but I wont trust it after what it has been through.

A full unopened wax cardboard 1 quart container of Ortho Fire-Ant
killer , just what the salt marsh didnt need.

2 55 gal plastic floats in very good shape

A lot of other useless trash.

Maybe they should rename the Coastal Cleanup, Coastal Treasure Hunt. Did
they give prizes for most trash picked up, most unusual item, etc.?
Then there's the trash you don't want to explain to your kids.
I've been cleaning up other peoples trash every time I go to the beach for
the last 30 years.
Thanks for doing your share and then some!