AKJEEPER

Default Yamaha f50 water cooling intake??

Well here it goes.

I noticed today that there wasn't any stream of water coming from my motor
today. I called the shop just before they closed and he told me to check for
sand in the tube. I said " great thanx, I'll do just that" I went out side
and tried to find the "tube" he was talking about. So I just started at the
intake screen near the prop. I unscrewed the screw hold the 2 plastic
screens together and found the problem but not it's source. What I founds
was bits of rubber, many of them. Along with what looks like 2 pieces of
rubber gasket. So My question is, What and Where the hell did these come
from and why won't it still suck in water.

I'm going to take it tint the shop tomorrow but I won't be able to rest
unless I kinda know what or where this came from.

Anyone know?

Thanx,
Mike

AKJEEPER

BTW, the motor only has 17 hours on it.

Calif Bill

"AKJEEPER" wrote in message
BTW, the motor only has 17 hours on it.

'The water pump impeller is bad. did you run the engine without water
hooked up?

AKJEEPER

No, never. I have always used the flush coupler to flush it out.

Jim

Mike,

Those bits of rubber sound like your water pump impeller
disintegrated, which in turn is why you have no stream of water.
Glad to hear you're taking it in to the shop. Hopefully they
will be able to figure out *WHY* this happened. Sounds like
you found this before any damage occurred. I have no idea why
an impeller would disintegrate like that though, especially
after so few hours.

-Jim

AKJEEPER wrote:
[...]

AKJEEPER

Well I took it in today but had to drive 80 mile to a dealer that could do
it right away so I could have it for the weekend. My local dealer is an
asshole. They told me it would be a week before they could look at it. So
anyway, expecting to drop it off and pick it up in a couple of days he said,
If you want to wait I can have it done in an hour for a impeller change. I
said, "great". Went back an hour later and the bad news finally hit. It
seems that I have a faulty wiring harness that never gave the warning sound
that it was overheating. It basically cooked the impeller, melted some wires
and plastics. So now it sits waiting for the warranted harness and hopefully
all will be covered but who knows. He's gonna try to get everything covered
but he can't promise it. So while the King salmon are running and the
Halibut are breeding in shallow water I'm forced to hit the river shores. At
least I'll be able to wet a line.

Mike