AKJEEPER

Default Yamaha f50 water cooling intake??

Well here it goes.

I noticed today that there wasn't any stream of water coming from my motor
today. I called the shop just before they closed and he told me to check for
sand in the tube. I said " great thanx, I'll do just that" I went out side
and tried to find the "tube" he was talking about. So I just started at the
intake screen near the prop. I unscrewed the screw hold the 2 plastic
screens together and found the problem but not it's source. What I founds
was bits of rubber, many of them. Along with what looks like 2 pieces of
rubber gasket. So My question is, What and Where the hell did these come
from and why won't it still suck in water.

I'm going to take it tint the shop tomorrow but I won't be able to rest
unless I kinda know what or where this came from.

Anyone know?

Thanx,
Mike