Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bryan

Default Launching Singlehanded

Here's my plan for my first singlehanded launch. The boat is a Sea Ray 185
Sport. Trailer has bunks.

The dock will be on the port (left) side of the boat.

Arrive and prep boat for launch. Drain plug in. Fenders over port side.
Transom tie downs removed. Stern and bow lines attached to boat. Bimini
down to allow more access to boat. Load stuff onto boat.

Back trailer down to dock (I can get real close). Back trailer into water
until stern floats. Unhook bow safety chain. Release winch hook (or should
I keep it attached and just let out several feet of winch strap). Grab bow
and stern lines and walk boat back along dock and tie off to dock cleats.
Park truck/trailer. Start bilge blower. Start motor. Have a nice day on
the water.

Tie boat off at dockwith fenders and dock lines in place. Retrieve
truck/trailer. Back trailer alongside dock. Walk the boat onto the
trailer. Attach winch strap. Winch bow to bow stops. Attach safety chain.
Pull trailer out of water watching boat for centering.

Perform my solo act on a slow weekday.

Have I got it? Did I miss anything?

Bryan
Sea Ray 185 Sport

Launching Boats with an ATV Jim R James General 3 January 25th 05 01:33 AM
Singlehanded TransPac boat / equipment failure Trent D. Sanders Cruising 9 July 23rd 04 07:35 AM
Commissioning vs launching ceremony/party Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 5 December 14th 03 04:16 PM
Launching extension Dan Borden General 4 October 18th 03 07:17 PM
Newbie launching question James W ASA 1 July 8th 03 02:35 PM