John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:43:50 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 11:34:08 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:16:11 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H. wrote:

I don't think I said Guzzi *didn't* make a 'Desmo' model. I've just never heard
of it, so I asked for some facts to back up a claim. I'm still waiting for the
facts. If you put "moto guzzi" and krause into Google, you'll get over 4000
hits, so I guess they made a 'krause' model also (using Harry's logic!).

One might think an ex-Army Corps of Engineers ossifer who now teaches
math would know how to set up a boolean search in a search engine,
especially if a math-disadvantaged English major can do it.

How about a belt-driven desmo valve train on a Guzzi? Here's one of 289
hits I got by putting together a proper search.

http://members.chello.nl/~wgj.jansen/text/HPL.html

Enough of this nonsense.

I mentioned it earlier. Hans does nice work. But, it's not a Desmo model Guzzi.
It's a one-of that most likely was *not* owned by Kevin. The Nederlands Moto
Guzzi Club is the largest Guzzi club in the world.

The American 'club' is not really a club, but a way for the 'president' to make
money selling a magazine subscription.

Of course, you know all this because you're able to put together a boolean
search in a search engine. Try-- "moto guzzi" desmo--in your search. You'll find
Hans' pictures easily. No engineering experience needed!

What's your point, John? Are you STILL trying to say that Moto Guzzi
didn't make a Desmo model? Are you really saying that?

Well, I was kinda hoping you'd realize you may have made a mistake. I'm really
trying to help you out here. Harry and I have found some pictures which showed a
'desmo' like modification to the valves of a Guzzi engine, but that wasn't
produced as a Guzzi model.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

Again, answer the question, are you REALLY trying to say that Guzzi
didn't make a Desmo? One year, and one year only, 1971, same as the
Milli GT.

You are correct, partly. I did not say that Guzzi didn't make a Desmo. I said
that I've never heard of it, nor has anyone I've talked to except you and Harry,
nor have I been able to find out anything about it. This tells me that you may
have had a very secretly made Moto Guzzi. Or, you're making up stuff.

The Mille GT was actually first produced in 1987 as a scaled down version of the
1000 SP. They were produced into 1989, which is the year of my Mille GT.

Notice that I'm not laughing at anything you've said.

Hmm, just googled up this partial list:

Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans MKI 1978 1979 S 3 HBF5814 1 HBR5814
Moto Guzzi 850 T3 MK I - MK II 1976 1977 S 4 HBF5801 1 HBR5801
Moto Guzzi 850 T4 1980 1983 S 3 HBF5803 1 HBR5803
Moto Guzzi Desmo 1971 S 3 HBF5807 1 HBR5807
Moto Guzzi Mille GT 1971 S 2 HBF5818
Moto Guzzi Mistral SP 1000 1982 S 3 HBF5819 1 HBR5819
Moto Guzzi V35 MK II - MK III 1984 1988 S 2 HBF5825 1 HBR5825
Moto Guzzi V50 MK II 1979 1983 S 2 HBF5833 1 HBR5833
Moto Guzzi V50 MK III 1984 1986 S 3 HBF5838 1 HBR5838
Moto Guzzi V50 Monza MK I - MK II 1981 1983 S 2 HBF5841 1 HBR5841
Moto Guzzi V50 Monza MK III 1984 1986 S 2 HBF5842 1 HBR5842
Moto Guzzi V65 Lario 1985 1988 S 3 HBF5844 1 HBR5844
Moto Guzzi V65 TT 1985 1988 S 2 HBF5848 1 HBR5848

Sorry the formatting didn't come out correctly, but notice....a Desmo,
1971 ONLY, along with....a Mille GT...1971 Granted, this list left a
lot to be desired, no Amassadors, no California Specials, no Converts,
etc.

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:43:50 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:

wrote:

John H. wrote:

[...]

I thought you said before that it was only built in 1971 Curtis.

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:42:12 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 11:31:50 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 07:00:20 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 05:14:09 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:46:00 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 3 Aug 2005 10:13:56 -0700,
wrote:

Kevin, tell us about your Moto Guzzi!

No one cares about Moto Guzzis or whether the person you are questioning
had one, rode one, crashed one, or urinated in the fuel tank of one.
It's not a brand of bike I would even consider, if I were considering
buying a motorcycle. It's a has-been line.

Harry, it was your buddy doing the bragging about owning a Moto Guzzi. Why now
are you trashing his taste in motorcycles?

--
First, idiot, I didn't BRAG about owning a Guzzi. Simply stated I owned
one once. And it WAS a piece of crap.

Yeah, I hear the "Desmo" version left a lot to be desired. Be careful, if it was
a real 'Desmo', then it was a Ducati. Harry thinks Duc's rule. Don't be stepping
on his toes about your piece of crap Ducati!

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

Sorry, John, but you are apparently out of your league here, if you
don't think that Moto Guzzi made a Desmo, before Ducati. WAY out,
apparently.

Well, what year was your Moto Guzzi 'Desmo'? I'd love to learn more about it!

--
Mine was a '71. Do a simple google search, I found quite a few hits,
most in Italian.

Show me a Moto Guzzi Desmo model.

In 1971, Guzzi made the following models:

Stornello
Dingo
Trotter
Falcone
V7 700 and 750 Special

Whoops, no 'Desmo' listed for 1971. Now I wonder what you *really* had? It had
to be quite rare. Maybe you could give me the frame number. Then I could tell
you exactly what you *think* you may have had.

Bwaaaaahaaa!!!!! You've left out SEVERAL, including the Desmo, Convert
G5, Ambassador, Milli GT Care to try again?

None of those existed in 1971.

BULL****!!!!!! Plain and simple.

John H.

On 5 Aug 2005 06:01:29 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:42:12 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 11:31:50 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 07:00:20 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 05:14:09 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:46:00 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 3 Aug 2005 10:13:56 -0700,
wrote:

[...]

Hee, hee!

You name the model, I'll tell you when it was made. Don't make up names, like
'Desmo'.

I'm wondering how far you'll take this.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:59:27 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:43:50 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:

wrote:

John H. wrote:

[...]

He's making up stuff as fast as he can, don't expect him to keep it straight.
I'll guarantee you he won't post a web site with the above information on it.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

John H.

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:59:27 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:43:50 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:

wrote:

John H. wrote:

[...]

Whoops. Should have said 'legitimate' web site, he may refer me back to his
post!

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

On 5 Aug 2005 05:55:26 -0700, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 4 Aug 2005 13:43:50 -0700,
wrote:

John H. wrote:

John H. wrote:

[...]

Show the URL, cause your 'site' is quite erroneous. Again, the bikes you listed
(Ambassadors, etc.) were *not* in existence in 1971 as you stated earlier (with
all the BWAHHAAA stuff.)

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
marika

NOYB wrote:
Can't find any sources?

"because whales are fat?

mk5000

"And we'll all float on, ok
And we'll all float on, alright
Already we'll all float on
Now don't you worry we'll all float on"--modest muose

Tim

Odd in the other thread, you stated, that it was owned by a "friend of
a friend" and was a model that was never made

Animal

"Jack Smith" JohnSmithers@hotmailcom wrote in message

"John H." wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:33:05 -0400, "Jack Smith"

JohnSmithers@hotmailcom
wrote:

PS:

JohnH,
When Kevin made up his story, I think he wanted to say he owned a

Ducati.
My guess is Kevin drove his Moto Guzzi 'Desmo' around the U of Penn
campus.

Well, he wanted to say he owned 'something'. Maybe he keeps his Guzzi
"Desmo" on
a lobsta boat somewhere.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

JohnH,

GMTA ; )

I wonder why the NG's most prolific liberal posters feel they need to

boost
their egos in rec.boats? What happened that they are not satisfied by

their
real life?

Tell me does this remind you of anyone:

Narcissistic
Personality Disorder. The symptoms of NPD is: A pervasive pattern of
grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of
empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of

contexts,
as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates
achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without
commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power,

brilliance,
beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be
understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status

people
(or institutions)

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of
especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her
expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to
achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the

feelings
and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of

him
or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Sounds like every liebral I have ever known :-)

Delay the king of crooks NOYB General 1 April 20th 05 03:40 AM
OT Bush losing Republican voters basskisser General 41 July 19th 04 08:24 PM
Republican Sails Bobsprit ASA 11 June 6th 04 07:45 PM
O.T. Some Good Points RGrew176 General 1 January 10th 04 08:04 AM
A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM