Default OT How to be a good Republican

How To Be A Good Repubican
1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8 year prosperity was
due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's
gasoline prices are all Bill Clinton's fault.
2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success
all on their own.

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social
Security checks on time.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but
smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease
don't deserve theirs.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a
gun.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and
hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the
deathpenalty.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in
America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote
for Alan Keyes.

10. You have to believe that pollution is OK as long as it makes a
profit.

11. You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray
to Allah or Buddha.

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really
faithful husbands.

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you
instantly popular in the barrio.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until
your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke
and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares
your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing
police protection, national defense, and building roads.

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary
history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private
school with a $1,000 voucher.

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
How To Be A Good Repubican
1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8 year prosperity

Last 8 years, eh? Finally you admit that we've had prosperity the entire
time that Bush has been office.

was
due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's
gasoline prices are all Bill Clinton's fault.

2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success
all on their own.

There are a lot of privileged Kennedy's who screwed it up big time by raping
and murdering. Privilege doesn't breed success. Good child-rearing breeds
success.

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social
Security checks on time.

Social Security checks are simply a rebate of your own money. Of course
they should be on time.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but
smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease
don't deserve theirs.

Some people are overweight due to genetics. But, yes, smokers and
over-eaters who are obese deserve their disease. And the vast majority of
AIDS victims do to.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a
gun.

I don't own a gun. I don't need a gun...even if you came down to try and
spit in my face.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

Haven't listened to Rush since 1996.

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and
hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

No they can't. In fact, Bush favors immigrant labor to work jobs that
others won't work.

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the
deathpenalty.

I oppose the death penalty...and homosexuality.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in
America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote
for Alan Keyes.

Actually, growing up black or minority actually increases your opportunities
for scholarship money and admission into top-notch colleges. It's called
affirmative action.

10. You have to believe that pollution is OK as long as it makes a
profit.

Nobody believes pollution is OK. What our side disagrees with your side on
is the accuracy of the Global warming claim, and exactly how much impact CO
gases from cars really have on the ozone layer.

11. You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray
to Allah or Buddha.

You can pray to whomever you'd like. But prayer should be part of school
during solemn moments (ie--after 9/11, after the shuttle explosions, etc)

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really
faithful husbands.

Who cares.

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you
instantly popular in the barrio.

Chinga te cabron.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

Republicans were teenagers once. We know better.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until
your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke
and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares
your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

Jesus hates Clinton? Why? Is he a homosexual?

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing
police protection, national defense, and building roads.

Those are about the only good things government does. They provide the
infrastructure, and protection against threats...both domestic and foreign.

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary
history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private
school with a $1,000 voucher.

Even if he's rich and white with a disciplinary history and failing grades,
he doesn't belong in an elite private school.

NOYB

"Jack Smith" JohnSmithers@hotmailcom wrote in message
I want to know who the hell would vote for Alan Keyes. I know it won't be
the blacks, yellow's, reds, whites, conservative or liberals. ; )

He certainly provided some interesting and entertaining debates with Obama.

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
How To Be A Good Repubican
1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8 year prosperity

Last 8 years, eh? Finally you admit that we've had prosperity the entire
time that Bush has been office.

I take it you can't comprehend when this was written? Hint: there are
more clues below....

was
due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's
gasoline prices are all Bill Clinton's fault.

2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success
all on their own.

There are a lot of privileged Kennedy's who screwed it up big time by raping
and murdering. Privilege doesn't breed success. Good child-rearing breeds
success.

Once again, you've totally missed the point, or has chosen to ignore
it.

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social
Security checks on time.

Social Security checks are simply a rebate of your own money. Of course
they should be on time.

But, it's still a government program, and the republicans are against
government programs.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but
smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease
don't deserve theirs.

Some people are overweight due to genetics. But, yes, smokers and
over-eaters who are obese deserve their disease. And the vast majority of
AIDS victims do to.

What a compassionate person, I'm certainly glad you decided to make
false teeth for the elderly, as opposed to doing dental work that would
require some compassion.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a
gun.

I don't own a gun. I don't need a gun...even if you came down to try and
spit in my face.

Oh, don't tell your fellow republicans you don't own a gun, they'll
kick you out.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

Haven't listened to Rush since 1996.

Yeah, sure, I've seen you use his quotes right here. So, Hannity's your
new guy?

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and
hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

No they can't. In fact, Bush favors immigrant labor to work jobs that
others won't work.

False.

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the
deathpenalty.

I oppose the death penalty...and homosexuality.

You're too narrow minded to understand that homosexuality isn't
something that someone desires. I'll bet just about any gay person
would rather not be that way.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in
America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote
for Alan Keyes.

Actually, growing up black or minority actually increases your opportunities
for scholarship money and admission into top-notch colleges. It's called
affirmative action.

So, growing up in a slum, having to support your ailing parents by
selling drugs because there's no honest work there, affords you a
better opportunity than growing up in a successful, upper middle class
or higher family????

10. You have to believe that pollution is OK as long as it makes a
profit.

Nobody believes pollution is OK. What our side disagrees with your side on
is the accuracy of the Global warming claim, and exactly how much impact CO
gases from cars really have on the ozone layer.

Yeah, only about 99.99% of scientists believe and understand the impact
of global warming.

11. You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray
to Allah or Buddha.

You can pray to whomever you'd like. But prayer should be part of school
during solemn moments (ie--after 9/11, after the shuttle explosions, etc)

Why? If my child is raised an atheist, or agnostic, why should he or
she have her education disrupted every day by prayer?

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really
faithful husbands.

Who cares.

That's odd, you seem to think Clinton is evil for just the same thing,
and you righties bring it up in almost every discussion about him!

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you
instantly popular in the barrio.

Chinga te cabron.

See? Point made.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

Republicans were teenagers once. We know better.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until
your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke
and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares
your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

Jesus hates Clinton? Why? Is he a homosexual?

ZOOM, that went right over your head, didn't it?

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing
police protection, national defense, and building roads.

Those are about the only good things government does. They provide the
infrastructure, and protection against threats...both domestic and foreign.

Oh, so you DON'T like Bush's policies?

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary
history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private
school with a $1,000 voucher.

Even if he's rich and white with a disciplinary history and failing grades,
he doesn't belong in an elite private school.

You COMPLETELY missed the point there!

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
How To Be A Good Repubican
1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8 year prosperity

Last 8 years, eh? Finally you admit that we've had prosperity the entire
time that Bush has been office.

I take it you can't comprehend when this was written? Hint: there are
more clues below....

I realized it was written during Clinton's watch. So why would you post
something that is almost a decade old?

was
due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's
gasoline prices are all Bill Clinton's fault.

2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success
all on their own.

There are a lot of privileged Kennedy's who screwed it up big time by
raping
and murdering. Privilege doesn't breed success. Good child-rearing
breeds
success.

Once again, you've totally missed the point, or has chosen to ignore
it.

Chosen to ignore it.

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social
Security checks on time.

Social Security checks are simply a rebate of your own money. Of course
they should be on time.

But, it's still a government program, and the republicans are against
government programs.

We are. Stop taking the FICA deduction out of my check every two weeks and
I promise not to whine if my Social Security check doesn't arrive on time 30
years from now.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but
smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease
don't deserve theirs.

Some people are overweight due to genetics. But, yes, smokers and
over-eaters who are obese deserve their disease. And the vast majority
of
AIDS victims do to.

What a compassionate person, I'm certainly glad you decided to make
false teeth for the elderly, as opposed to doing dental work that would
require some compassion.

70% of my production is from crown, bridge and implants. 8 % is from
removable prostheses like dentures.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a
gun.

I don't own a gun. I don't need a gun...even if you came down to try and
spit in my face.

Oh, don't tell your fellow republicans you don't own a gun, they'll
kick you out.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

Haven't listened to Rush since 1996.

Yeah, sure, I've seen you use his quotes right here.

I've never quoted Rush. Go ahead and look in the archives.

So, Hannity's your
new guy?

Hannity's more palateable, but I don't listen to talk radio and I don't
watch the talking heads on TV. The only time I turn on the TV is to watch
fishing shows and Ship Shape TV. I get my news from news sources on the
internet.

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and
hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

No they can't. In fact, Bush favors immigrant labor to work jobs that
others won't work.

False.

True:
" I ask Congress to reform our immigration laws so they reflect our values
and benefit our economy. I propose a new temporary-worker program to match
willing foreign workers with willing employers when no Americans can be
found to fill the job. " (Bush 2004 State of the Union Address)

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the
deathpenalty.

I oppose the death penalty...and homosexuality.

You're too narrow minded to understand that homosexuality isn't
something that someone desires. I'll bet just about any gay person
would rather not be that way.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in
America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote
for Alan Keyes.

Actually, growing up black or minority actually increases your
opportunities
for scholarship money and admission into top-notch colleges. It's called
affirmative action.

So, growing up in a slum,

You automatically equate blacks with slums? Interesting.

having to support your ailing parents

Only blacks have sick parents?

by
selling drugs because there's no honest work there,

Only blacks sell drugs because they're incapable of working an honest job?
Your stereotypes are very telling.

[...]

We're a nation whose laws were built on Judeo-Christian values. Not
convinced? Then consider this:

On the Supreme Court building, there is a sculpture entitled "Justic the
Guardian of Liberty". The sculpture is a symbolic representation of people
representing civilizations from where our laws were derived. On that
sculpture are three prominent figures: Moses, Confucius, and Solon. Moses
is holding two tablets, believed to represent the tablets on which the 10
Commandments were written. The symbolic message is clear in this sculptu
much of our laws were derived from the 10 Commandments.

The lower portion of the doors leading to the Supreme Court have two tablets
on them. On the tablets, you can see the Roman numerals I through V and VI
through X...once again representing the Ten Commandments.

In the Supreme Court room where the Justices meet, there is a frieze with
several figures on it, one of whom is Moses. Moses is carrying a tablet
again. This time, Commandments VI through X can be seen on the
tablet...with the Commandments written in Hebrew.

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher . . .
whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

John Jay, one of the framers of the Constitution, was appointed by George
Washington in 1789 to be the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the
United States (and later served two terms as governor of New York). He
wrote: "Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers".

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really
faithful husbands.

Who cares.

That's odd, you seem to think Clinton is evil for just the same thing,
and you righties bring it up in almost every discussion about him!

He's a sleaze, but that's not why Congress impeached him. They did it
because he lied to a Grand Jury.

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you
instantly popular in the barrio.

Chinga te cabron.

See? Point made.

Glad I could help.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

Republicans were teenagers once. We know better.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until
your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke
and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares
your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

Jesus hates Clinton? Why? Is he a homosexual?

ZOOM, that went right over your head, didn't it?

Zoom, right back at you.

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing
police protection, national defense, and building roads.

Those are about the only good things government does. They provide the
infrastructure, and protection against threats...both domestic and
foreign.

Oh, so you DON'T like Bush's policies?

I like the Highway bill that just passed. I like his military buildup and
other policies. And I feel adequately protected from crime. I love Bush's
policies.

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary
history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private
school with a $1,000 voucher.

Even if he's rich and white with a disciplinary history and failing
grades,
he doesn't belong in an elite private school.

You COMPLETELY missed the point there!

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

NOYB's admittedly fueled by ignorance....great...

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social
Security checks on time.

Social Security checks are simply a rebate of your own money. Of course
they should be on time.

But, it's still a government program, and the republicans are against
government programs.

We are. Stop taking the FICA deduction out of my check every two weeks and
I promise not to whine if my Social Security check doesn't arrive on time 30
years from now.

Nah, you'll just whine about something else, like some democrat getting
a blow job.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but
smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease
don't deserve theirs.

Some people are overweight due to genetics. But, yes, smokers and
over-eaters who are obese deserve their disease. And the vast majority
of
AIDS victims do to.

What a compassionate person, I'm certainly glad you decided to make
false teeth for the elderly, as opposed to doing dental work that would
require some compassion.

70% of my production is from crown, bridge and implants. 8 % is from
removable prostheses like dentures.

Yeah, uh huh.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a
gun.

I don't own a gun. I don't need a gun...even if you came down to try and
spit in my face.

Oh, don't tell your fellow republicans you don't own a gun, they'll
kick you out.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

Haven't listened to Rush since 1996.

Yeah, sure, I've seen you use his quotes right here.

I've never quoted Rush. Go ahead and look in the archives.

So, Hannity's your
new guy?

Hannity's more palateable, but I don't listen to talk radio and I don't
watch the talking heads on TV. The only time I turn on the TV is to watch
fishing shows and Ship Shape TV. I get my news from news sources on the
internet.

Is there a point you're trying to make? If so, you've failed.

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and
hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

No they can't. In fact, Bush favors immigrant labor to work jobs that
others won't work.

False.

True:
" I ask Congress to reform our immigration laws so they reflect our values
and benefit our economy. I propose a new temporary-worker program to match
willing foreign workers with willing employers when no Americans can be
found to fill the job. " (Bush 2004 State of the Union Address)

Oh, yeah, like everything Bush has stated in speeches is true??!!!!!!!

"We will get Osama binLaden dead or alive".
"Osama isn't a concern, I'm not worried about him". Which of THOSE was
true?

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the
deathpenalty.

I oppose the death penalty...and homosexuality.

You're too narrow minded to understand that homosexuality isn't
something that someone desires. I'll bet just about any gay person
would rather not be that way.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in
America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote
for Alan Keyes.

Actually, growing up black or minority actually increases your
opportunities
for scholarship money and admission into top-notch colleges. It's called
affirmative action.

So, growing up in a slum,

You automatically equate blacks with slums? Interesting.

Where did I say that?

having to support your ailing parents

Only blacks have sick parents?

Where did I say that? If you want to seem credible, you should try
sticking to the facts, instead of trying to put words in people's
mouths.

by
selling drugs because there's no honest work there,

Only blacks sell drugs because they're incapable of working an honest job?
Your stereotypes are very telling.

Where did I say that? BUT, if you'd like, I can post statistics that
bring that would certainly show that "blacks and minorites" DO make up
the bulk of arrests for drug sales.

[...]

And all of this makes it okay in your book? I suppose that in Iraq,
their government bowed to Muslims in just the same way, yet you seem to
think they are less than human.

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really
faithful husbands.

Who cares.

That's odd, you seem to think Clinton is evil for just the same thing,
and you righties bring it up in almost every discussion about him!

He's a sleaze, but that's not why Congress impeached him. They did it
because he lied to a Grand Jury.

Then Newt's a sleaze also!

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you
instantly popular in the barrio.

Chinga te cabron.

See? Point made.

Glad I could help.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

Republicans were teenagers once. We know better.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until
your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke
and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares
your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

Jesus hates Clinton? Why? Is he a homosexual?

ZOOM, that went right over your head, didn't it?

Zoom, right back at you.

Hate to disappoint you, but no, I fully understood the statement.

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing
police protection, national defense, and building roads.

Those are about the only good things government does. They provide the
infrastructure, and protection against threats...both domestic and
foreign.

Oh, so you DON'T like Bush's policies?

I like the Highway bill that just passed. I like his military buildup and
other policies. And I feel adequately protected from crime. I love Bush's
policies.

Really? You totally agree with the 6,900 pork inserts in the bill, huh?
Figures. You wouldn't say anything bad about a BushCo bill if your life
depended on it. Lemming.

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary
history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private
school with a $1,000 voucher.

Even if he's rich and white with a disciplinary history and failing
grades,
he doesn't belong in an elite private school.

You COMPLETELY missed the point there!

Time to go get in the daisy chain with your three buddies, Fritz, JimH,
and Smithers. Perhaps JohnH will join you guys for a five-some!!!!

Delay the king of crooks NOYB General 1 April 20th 05 03:40 AM
OT Bush losing Republican voters basskisser General 41 July 19th 04 08:24 PM
Republican Sails Bobsprit ASA 11 June 6th 04 07:45 PM
O.T. Some Good Points RGrew176 General 1 January 10th 04 08:04 AM
A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM