Default basic outboard question

Hi,

I just purchased a used 4 hp, 2-cycle Mariner 4M, year unknown and
without manual. I've some basic questions. The marking on the engine
says 6E0 S 105164 and Made in Japan.

1. what info can I derived from this (make of year)?
2. how can i find out its year. (I'd like to get a manual).
3. how much 2-cycle oil should I add to 1 gal. of gas?
4. can someone point me to some basic outboard maintaince resources?

thanks.

stan

Mr Wizzard

wrote in message
oups.com...

3. how much 2-cycle oil should I add to 1 gal. of gas?

2.7 Oz of Johnson/Evinrude X25 oil from GI Joes (50:1)

4. can someone point me to some basic outboard maintaince resources?

http://google.com

2. how can i find out its year. (I'd like to get a manual).

1988. Almost any Nissan/Tohatsu/Merc/Mariner info will do, they are
all the same in this size & series or close. The O-manuals only have
the real basic & stupid stuff, don't waste your money for paper it's a
$200 motor, save it for repair parts (expensive).

Honda 5hp (BF5/BF5A) Outboard Cooling Question Heather Wilson General 12 May 10th 04 04:01 PM
Question about Outboard shift control box Curly General 9 April 15th 04 05:45 PM
Outboard Question Bobsprit ASA 6 February 17th 04 12:51 AM
I/O OR OUTBOARD - WHAT'S BEST?? Jim Stallings General 20 September 22nd 03 06:26 PM
Converting I/O to Outboard with Jack Plate Mile Sullivan General 5 September 19th 03 02:59 AM