*JimH*

"Bowgus" wrote in message

Install sacrificial anodes ... the ones with the tabs?
Install a motor trailering support to keep your jaw open?
Sleep with a fender in your mouth?

LOL!

Don White

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
news
*JimH* wrote:

Can you offer some advice?

I grind my teeth at night and my canines are now ground past the enamel.
This was confirmed today during my checkup and teeth cleaning.

My dentist is suggesting getting fitted with a mouth guard.

I tried that years ago but it was uncomfortable to wear....it was custom
fit but came out like the mouth guard you wear for physical contact
sports. I could not sleep with it....too bulky and suffocating for me.
This old mouthguard no longer fits as I have had 2 or 3 teeth capped
since it was made so modifications to it may not be possible.

Although insurance will pay for a new guard I have heard commercials
about a drugstore brand you can buy (not the sports type) that is
supposedly just as effective.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

I'd suggest you chill out...clear your mind of everything that stresses
you out. No more chasing Chuck..hoping against hope to 'best him' in some
argument.....no more trashing Canadians or any liberal sensible minded
people. Your teeth will thank you for it and this newsgroup will also.
One more thing...buy a boat already....then at least you'll feel like you
belong here.

Don, I would rather be boatless than to have to admit that all I could
afford when I was in my 50's (as I assume you are) was a used 17 foot
sailboat.

Thanks for ruining a thread that had nothing to do with you.

It's 18.5 feet Mr. Boatsnob. It was a compromise...all I could haul
with my mini-van.
NOYB

"HarryKrause" wrote in message

Some 10 years ago or so, the winner of the Jax Kingfish tournament grand
prize (about $100,000 and a fully rigged offshore outboard fishing boat)
was a 70 year old guide with a 15' skiff

That's not the case anymore. To quote a local top-notch captain and SKA
leaderboard regular:
" As stupid as it sounds, a Venture 34 with twin 300 HPDI's and 300 gallons
of fuel is just not enough boat to remain competive at the top level in
these tournaments. "

Guys are running 36' Yellowfins with triple (and quadruple) Verados.

We just had a redfish/snook tourney last weekend down here. This is a
tourney that should be dominated by flats boats. The team that took third
was in a 36' Yellowfin with triple 275 Verados.

The high-profile tourneys are a rich man's sport.

Bowgus

:-)

*JimH* wrote:

Don, I would rather be boatless than to have to admit that all I could
afford when I was in my 50's (as I assume you are) was a used 17 foot
sailboat.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he's not trying to impress anyone,
and that boat is exactly what he wants? That's the trouble with most
right wingers, always trying to keep up with the Jones's.

Thanks for ruining a thread that had nothing to do with you.

Kind of like you ruined a thread about boat motors that I was involved
with?

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:

Don, I would rather be boatless than to have to admit that all I could
afford when I was in my 50's (as I assume you are) was a used 17 foot
sailboat.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he's not trying to impress anyone,
and that boat is exactly what he wants? That's the trouble with most
right wingers, always trying to keep up with the Jones's.

The Bassy Show is on the air.

*JimH* wrote:
Can you offer some advice?

I grind my teeth at night and my canines are now ground past the enamel.
This was confirmed today during my checkup and teeth cleaning.

My dentist is suggesting getting fitted with a mouth guard.

I tried that years ago but it was uncomfortable to wear....it was custom fit
but came out like the mouth guard you wear for physical contact sports. I
could not sleep with it....too bulky and suffocating for me. This old
mouthguard no longer fits as I have had 2 or 3 teeth capped since it was
made so modifications to it may not be possible.

Although insurance will pay for a new guard I have heard commercials about a
drugstore brand you can buy (not the sports type) that is supposedly just as
effective.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

Another thread started by you that has nothing to do with boats.

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
[...]

Agreed. But I guess you did not notice that it was a private inquiry
directed to NOYB. Zoom....zooom....zoooom.

So what boating related threads have you started Kevin? What boating
related posts have you made Kevin? What is your off topic posting rate?

P. Fritz

"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:

Don, I would rather be boatless than to have to admit that all I could
afford when I was in my 50's (as I assume you are) was a used 17 foot
sailboat.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he's not trying to impress anyone,
and that boat is exactly what he wants? That's the trouble with most
right wingers, always trying to keep up with the Jones's.

The Bassy Show is on the air.

Kevin can't even keep up wwithe the "whites" :-)

*JimH*

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:

Don, I would rather be boatless than to have to admit that all I could
afford when I was in my 50's (as I assume you are) was a used 17 foot
sailboat.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he's not trying to impress anyone,
and that boat is exactly what he wants? That's the trouble with most
right wingers, always trying to keep up with the Jones's.

The Bassy Show is on the air.

Kevin can't even keep up wwithe the "whites" :-)

He really has never told us what length and type of boat he has. For all I
know the 10 Achilles we have tucked away in our attic is bigger.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, that reminds me.......I guess I am not without a boat.....the
Achilles certainly qualifies. ;-)

Ping NOYB thunder General 1 July 8th 05 07:10 PM
Ping NOYB & Suzuki 4S Owners NOYB General 2 June 6th 05 02:10 AM
PING => NOYB ... It *might* be important.... NOYB General 7 March 30th 05 02:57 AM
NOYB and Harry go Boating.... Gould 0738 General 1 August 14th 04 11:18 AM
PING: Gould, jps, NOYB, Jim, Harry, and a cast of thousands Gould 0738 General 6 September 17th 03 06:12 AM