Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
NOYB

Default Ping NOYB & Suzuki 4S Owners

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news
I just had a really odd problem... last Sunday we dumped the boat in
the water with visions of putzing down the ICW to one of our favorite
restaurants.... but it was not to be... the right engine (DF140) would
not pee.....

Ok... pull the boat out and buy a new wate pump kit...

Today I pulled the water pump and replaced all parts with new... in
spite of the fact that I could find nothing wrong with the old parts.
The outboard Gods were pleased with my efforts, however, and I was
greeted with a strong stream from the pee-er....

Strange science... but it was apparently neccessary... I wonder if it
was the water pressure valve all along? Oh, well..... yet another
project.....

We had talked earlier about some really hefty money that the local
mechanic wanted for preventive maintenance.... and one of the issues
was a sacrificial anode in the head. That anode is accessable from
outside the engine via 2 screws and pulling a plug... another screw
holds the anode.... I suspect that the total cost per engine would
run under $20 parts plus 30 minutes labor. (I have 2 anodes... you
likely have 4.)

Thanks for the info. I just had the 200 hour service done, which included
replacing the water pump impeller . Total cost including tax and coming to
pick up the boat was $502. As far as I can tell, the external anodes didn't
need replacing and weren't touched. Can't say for sure if the ones in the
head were inspected/replaced. I suspect not.