Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:55:18 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

A soldiers' union; I'll bring it up at the AFL-CIO meeting in two weeks
in
Chicago. I get to go for a day or maybe two, and hope to return
unbloodied.

Actually, I think Dutch soldiers have a union.

That would go over big.

Officer: Take that hill.

Troops: Its time for our 15 minute morning break.

Or they might say...we have a better way than rush up into the opening
under machine gun fire to massage some idiot Co's ego.
Don White

*JimH* wrote:
A soldiers union? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me Lord....I have now seen everything.

The Lord might have a special place for you 'pretend preachers'.
Bob La Londe

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat?

Actually during peace time the Coast Guard see light actio from smugglers
and what not more than anybody else.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

John H.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:48:07 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:14:09 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

wrote:

Don White wrote:
NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat?
Isn't it a soldier's role to kill the enemy?

If you want to join a branch of the armed forces where you're least
likely to see combat, join the Coast Guard.

Maybe these young potential recruits need an agent representing them
when dealing with the US Military....something like a player agent in
professional sports.....or better yet a union.

A soldiers' union; I'll bring it up at the AFL-CIO meeting in two weeks
in Chicago. I get to go for a day or maybe two, and hope to return
unbloodied.
Thunderous applause...

Any soldier has the ability write his congressman about alleged
improprieties.
Very few members of Congress would let such abuses go by.
In boot camp we had recruits that said they were going to write to their
congressman and complain about how they were being treated.

Then once out in the fleet at the mess halls all of the messmen on the line
were bitching and complaing about being cooks. They were all talking about
their lawyers were going to get them out. These guys went in on open
contracts and were place in MOS's that needed men of their "capabilities."

If the troops are bitching then you have something to worry about!

Your most dangerous time in the stateside marines was...what...the gang
showers?

Your most dangerous time in the military was...

Oh, that's right. You couldn't hack boot camp.

You were a draftee, right?

Yup. I got my letter and went. No excuses, no running to Canada, no fake
injuries, and none of the other gimmicks to escape boot camp.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

wrote:

Don White wrote:
NOYB wrote:
[...]

Some had more imagination.

Some were cowards. Pick your group.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

John H.

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:21:08 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H. wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
You were a draftee, right?

Yup. I got my letter and went. No excuses, no running to Canada, no fake
injuries, and none of the other gimmicks to escape boot camp.

Some had more imagination.

Some were cowards. Pick your group.

You're entitled to say whatever you want to justify your military
participation in one of the dumbest foreign misadventures in this
nation's history. A huge number of young men, however, realized the war
against the Vietnamese was immoral and was only serving to prop up a
corrupt right-wing dictatorship. When you have Buddhist monks setting
themselves on fire to protest US actions in Da Nang and US support for
completely corrupt generals like Ky and Thieu, you should realize by
then, at least, that you're not on the side of the angels.

What did I say that was a 'justification'?

What I said implied that I wasn't cowardly. Do you understand?

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
NOYB

NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat?

Because you can't find a decent job anywhere.

Then you're not looking. I just hired a 21 year old woman with absolutely
no experience in the dental field at $12/hr. plus health insurance and
pension plan. She's interested in training to become a dental assistant,
but needs the money, so will do it as OTJ training rather than attending the
one-year formal program. $30,000/year is a helluva lot of money for someone
with no skills. Expanded function certified dental assistants earn
$18-20/hr (or more). There are at least 5-10 ads running in the local paper
at any given time looking for assistants and/or hygienists. Hygienists, by
the way, earn $35-40/hour.

Every business owner I know has trouble finding employees. It doesn't
matter what field of employment they're looking to fill. I just went to get
my haircut the other day and the wait was 2 hours because there was only 1
lady working. All she did was bitch the entire time that nobody wants to
work.

The jobs are there.

P. Fritz

hlink.net...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Except in Michigan...(7% unemployment)..with our worthless democrat govenor
who thinks she can tax her way to prosperity.

*JimH*

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

hlink.net...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

I visited with a potential customer this week....a manufacturer of large
injection molding machines, extruders, die cast machines and hydraulic
presses and are only on of 3 major US manufacturer of injection molding and
hydraulic presses. They are expanding and hiring new employees (skilled
machinist) as they cannot keep up with demand for their equipment. It seems
their customers (other manufacturing companies) are now buying more
equipment as they are seeing an increase in sales and demand for their
products.

The same has been reported with other manufacturing customers of
mine...expanding and hiring.

One has to have their head in the sand if they think that there are not good
jobs out there or that the US economy is hurting.

P. Fritz

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

hlink.net...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

I talk with other professional in my field all the time, buisness is
booming around the country........except in Michigan.......right now it has
one of the worst economies in the country, with one of the highest
unemployment rates. It is localized due to the faltering auto companies,
high cost of labor due to the entrenched union mentality, high taxes, high
social costs (the cesspool known as the City of Detroit), and a govenor who
thinks she can tax her way to prosperity. We have been thinking of
uprooting our business and relocating elsewhere in the country.