John H.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:53:27 GMT, Don White wrote:

NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat? Isn't
it a soldier's role to kill the enemy?

If you want to join a branch of the armed forces where you're least likely
to see combat, join the Coast Guard.

Maybe these young potential recruits need an agent representing them
when dealing with the US Military....something like a player agent in
professional sports.....or better yet a union.

AFGE?

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:55:18 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

Don White wrote:
NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat?
Isn't it a soldier's role to kill the enemy?

If you want to join a branch of the armed forces where you're least
likely to see combat, join the Coast Guard.

Maybe these young potential recruits need an agent representing them
when dealing with the US Military....something like a player agent in
professional sports.....or better yet a union.

A soldiers' union; I'll bring it up at the AFL-CIO meeting in two weeks
in Chicago. I get to go for a day or maybe two, and hope to return
unbloodied.

Thunderous applause...

Any soldier has the ability write his congressman about alleged improprieties.
Very few members of Congress would let such abuses go by.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:33:44 GMT, Don White wrote:

HarryKrause wrote:
Don White wrote:

NOYB wrote:

Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see
combat? Isn't it a soldier's role to kill the enemy?

If you want to join a branch of the armed forces where you're least
likely to see combat, join the Coast Guard.

Maybe these young potential recruits need an agent representing them
when dealing with the US Military....something like a player agent in
professional sports.....or better yet a union.

A soldiers' union; I'll bring it up at the AFL-CIO meeting in two weeks
in Chicago. I get to go for a day or maybe two, and hope to return
unbloodied.

It would be a real service for someone to make those recruiters put
their promises on paper and have the 'contract' duly notarized.
It might stop some of the outrageous lies and deception.
(wonder how many 'recruits' they would sign up then)

Their promises are put on paper. It's called an Enlistment Contract.

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/pdf/enlistment.pdf

Read it carefully.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:37:10 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Stories From the Front
by Cindy Sheehan

Lisa from Washington State writes:

My son in law in Iraq said they are being pressured round the clock to
re-enlist or face stop loss.

snip

Not true according to my friends who both have sons in the Marines,
including one presently stationed in Baghdad and one who is soon to go to
Iraq.

How valid is this story you cut and pasted off the internet Harry? Do you
really believe everything you read on the net? (I guess you do).

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of "Lisa" from Washington State.
I have no reason to believe anything you post.

Tell Lisa that she should send a letter to the parents, etc, telling them to
send their complaint to the Inspector General and their congressmen/women (if
they are legitimate).

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

*JimH* wrote:
"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Stories From the Front
by Cindy Sheehan

Lisa from Washington State writes:

My son in law in Iraq said they are being pressured round the clock to
re-enlist or face stop loss.

snip

Not true according to my friends who both have sons in the Marines,
including one presently stationed in Baghdad and one who is soon to go to
Iraq.

How valid is this story you cut and pasted off the internet Harry? Do you
really believe everything you read on the net? (I guess you do).

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of "Lisa" from Washington State.
I have no reason to believe anything you post.

PS, "Stop Loss" is not something that is at the discretion of the local company
commander. Individuals are not stop-lossed, units or military occupational
specialties may be.

No commander has the ability to 'stop loss' someone for not reenlisting.

One would not expect you to know better.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

*JimH*

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Stories From the Front
by Cindy Sheehan

Lisa from Washington State writes:

My son in law in Iraq said they are being pressured round the clock to
re-enlist or face stop loss.

snip

Not true according to my friends who both have sons in the Marines,
including one presently stationed in Baghdad and one who is soon to go
Iraq.

How valid is this story you cut and pasted off the internet Harry? Do
you
really believe everything you read on the net? (I guess you do).

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of "Lisa" from Washington State.
I have no reason to believe anything you post.

Why am I not surprised?

What was PT Barnum's saying about a fool being born every minute? ;-)

*JimH*

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:09:57 -0400, HarryKrause
wrote:

NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat?

Because you can't find a decent job anywhere.

This from one who tells Tom he has the highest respect for the military!

Harry, you're a card.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

His lies keep piling up.

*JimH*

Don White wrote:
NOYB wrote:
Why would you join the military if there was no chance to see combat?
Isn't it a soldier's role to kill the enemy?

If you want to join a branch of the armed forces where you're least
likely to see combat, join the Coast Guard.

Maybe these young potential recruits need an agent representing them
when dealing with the US Military....something like a player agent in
professional sports.....or better yet a union.

A soldiers' union; I'll bring it up at the AFL-CIO meeting in two weeks
in Chicago. I get to go for a day or maybe two, and hope to return
unbloodied.

A soldiers union? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me Lord....I have now seen everything.

John H.

HarryKrause wrote:
Don White wrote:

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Another crock of crap from our military apologist.

Let's see...who was President in August 1998?

Oh my goodness! We owe this gem of a contract to Mr. Clinton!

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

*JimH* wrote:
[...]

Doesn't mean an unsophisticated grunt at the front would know that.

You've never been there, Harry, so how do you know what they know? Those
'unsophisticated grunts' (as you call them), have a lot more intelligence and
'sophistication' than you give them credit for.

Stop putting down those whose shoes you don't fit, let alone have ever walked
in.