BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT--Coming trade war with China (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/46083-ot-coming-trade-war-china.html)

P. Fritz July 11th 05 09:49 PM

As do I, and it is too big to keep on a trailer in the driveway.

"Real Name" wrote in message
Yes I do. Period

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Real Name wrote:
I have a 42' Lobster Boat.

You don't have a boat. Period.

Real Name July 11th 05 09:49 PM

You are mistaken on both matters. I have a boat and a name.

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
Real Name wrote:
Yes I do. Period

Bull****. You don't even have a name.

thunder July 11th 05 09:53 PM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:55:14 +0000, NOYB wrote:

What will they cash them in for? US dollars? The yuan is already grossly
undervalued compared to the dollar. If China dumped T-bills, the dollar
would plummet even further relative to the yuan. China would the world's
largest holder of worthless (at least to the Chinese) money. At that
point, a US dollar wouldn't buy a piece of fake plastic dog **** from
China. What do you suppose that would do to China's economy?

And just what do you suppose would happen to our economy? Our massive
trade deficit is being financed by the Chinese to the tune of $1 billion
per day. Add to that the massive Republican budget deficits, and our
side doesn't look healthy enough for any trade war. The fact is, our
economy is now too intertwined with China's for any talk of a trade war.
A trade war would hurt both sides far too much to be a viable option.

Real Name July 11th 05 10:18 PM

Harry we are talking about my boat and name, we are not talking about your
Lobster Boat, driveway, yours or your wife's education. If we were talking
about them, I would have to agree with you. Bull****.

Bull****.

Real Name July 11th 05 10:19 PM

Wow, the picture I saw of your driveway was only about 30' to the road. Did
you driveway get it's master degree at Yale?

P. Fritz wrote:
As do I, and it is too big to keep on a trailer in the driveway.

Really? Guy down the road a piece has a 42' Cigarette style boat he keeps
on a trailer on his driveway.

My driveway is approximately 200' long, including the portion that
attaches to our traffic circle, and is 30' wide in spots. I suspect your
boat on a trailer and your entire family in a Winnebago would fit on it.

--
If it is Bad for Bush,
It is Good for the United States.

Don White July 11th 05 11:21 PM

HarryKrause wrote:
P. Fritz wrote:

As do I, and it is too big to keep on a trailer in the driveway.

Really? Guy down the road a piece has a 42' Cigarette style boat he
keeps on a trailer on his driveway.

My driveway is approximately 200' long, including the portion that
attaches to our traffic circle, and is 30' wide in spots. I suspect your
boat on a trailer and your entire family in a Winnebago would fit on it.

Careful..he'll consider that an invitation and arrive for a cheap
vacation. ( re Chevy Chase's brother-in-law Christmas vacation)

NOYB July 12th 05 12:23 AM

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

Mutually Assured Destruction with economics instead of nukes? Sounds like
we're in the second Cold War already.

NOYB July 12th 05 12:44 AM

Real Name wrote:
Wow, the picture I saw of your driveway was only about 30' to the road.
Did you driveway get it's master degree at Yale?

The photo was not shot with a 50 or 55 mm lens or equivalent.
It is 60' from the outside edge of my garage floor to the end of the part
of the drive where the boat is sitting, and 110' feet from the driveway
under the stern of the boat to my private road and another 30' feet of my
private road, which I also paved to a little traffic circle where the
county road ends. That's a bit over 200'.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

thunder July 12th 05 12:57 AM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:23:47 -0400, NOYB wrote:

Mutually Assured Destruction with economics instead of nukes? Sounds like
we're in the second Cold War already.

LOL Pretty close to it. Although the whole theory of a "Global Market"
is that trading partners would have less antagonisms, not more. Still, it
seems to be working. Who knows what our relations would be like with
China these past thirty years? Since Nixon went to Bejing they have
seemed relatively peaceful.

*JimH* July 12th 05 01:09 AM

Real Name wrote:
Wow, the picture I saw of your driveway was only about 30' to the road.
Did you driveway get it's master degree at Yale?

The photo was not shot with a 50 or 55 mm lens or equivalent.
It is 60' from the outside edge of my garage floor to the end of the part
of the drive where the boat is sitting, and 110' feet from the driveway
under the stern of the boat to my private road and another 30' feet of my
private road, which I also paved to a little traffic circle where the
county road ends. That's a bit over 200'.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

It is indeed pretty pathetic when one has to brag about the length of his
asphalt driveway in a boating NG.

I would guess Krause is making up for some more personal *short comings* he
was stuck with in life.....if you catch my drift. ;-)