Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Don White wrote:
Since JimH is ready to move up from his Moped, here's a little car
that
might be the next logical step. Starting to see quite a number of them
on the street here.
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/

Leaving JimH out of it, here's the nautical equivalent of your "smart
car". When and if oil hits $100/bbl, alternatives like this will
become more popular. Kiss water skiing goodbye.
We have a local dealer for these, and I've been out for a ride on Lake
Union in a Duffy. Absolutely quiet, about like sailing.

http://www.duffyboats.com/

And what is Don doing to conserve energy? See lots if Duffy's in Naples
area of Long Beach, California. Lots of the homes on the canals have
one.

Uh, Bill, Don's sailboat is quite energy efficient.

We were talking of the Moped. Learn to follow the thread. Chuck posted the
Duffy part.

Bill McKee

"Don White" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:

And what is Don doing to conserve energy? See lots if Duffy's in Naples
area of Long Beach, California. Lots of the homes on the canals have
one.

Don sails.......very little fuel required for 6hp Evinrude used sparingly.

And what do you drive? How much oil to build the boat and sails?

Don White

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

Don White wrote:

[...]

Ok since you asked Bill...In April of 2003 I purchased a Miele 'Comfort'
bike for transportation to & from work downtown. It was quite enjoyable
pedaling to work but the homeward journey was a bit uphill the whole way.
Don White

Bill McKee wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:

And what is Don doing to conserve energy? See lots if Duffy's in Naples
area of Long Beach, California. Lots of the homes on the canals have
one.

Don sails.......very little fuel required for 6hp Evinrude used sparingly.

And what do you drive? How much oil to build the boat and sails?

I'm still driving the mini-van I purchased just over 10 years ago. It
has the 3.0 liter six cylinder engine. Can't go smaller due to required
towing capacity. See other thread re bicycle transportation to work.

Bill McKee wrote:

And what is Don doing to conserve energy? See lots if Duffy's in Naples
area of Long Beach, California. Lots of the homes on the canals have
one.

Uh, Bill, Don's sailboat is quite energy efficient.

We were talking of the Moped. Learn to follow the thread. Chuck posted the
Duffy part.

Oh, so now you're claiming that if it doesn't involve a moped, that it
isn't conserving energy? You didn't ask what Don was driving on land to
conserve. You asked what Don is doing to conserve. He's sailboating.
Learn to follow a thread? I did follow it. YOU asked the wrong
question, is all.

Hobie 14T Sidebar replacement Hobie14T 17834 General 0 May 3rd 05 05:18 PM
Replacement microwave [email protected] General 7 May 1st 05 12:11 AM
Halogen replacement bulb numbers for 12V spotlights ??? dg Cruising 12 March 1st 04 02:24 PM
portlight replacement slik Cruising 4 December 31st 03 09:54 PM
Chaparral Lettering Replacement Matt General 2 July 28th 03 12:47 PM