I am really surprised that you would refresh this thread. Do you wear a
"kick me" sign when you visit a biker bar? Do they even have biker bars
for mopeds?

That's the Grand Poobah of Assholes United for you!

That's a brutal and unfortunate characterization.
I wish Harry hadn't launched that particular phrase.
There could be a health problem, not a personality flaw, in play here.

I don't know JimH, but I once knew a guy with the world's most negative
self image. He continuously created situations where people would
abuse, insult, and belittle him. If there wasn't a good snot fight to
join in, he would start one. He would feign umbrage at the most benign
comments, claiming they were "personal attacks". He turned everything
into a discussion of personalities, was always critical of others, and
developed a series of people he could rely on to respond to his crap by
treating him like dirt. He sought out abuse to confrim his negative
self image. It was pretty evident that this individual was struggling
with some internal demon, as from time to time he would apologize for
his behavior and straighten up for a few days. When he finally realized
his behavior was defining his life he got some therapy, and within
months he sort of morphed into a far more pleasant person.

I assume that JimH doesn't suffer from the same problem- but if there's
a remote possibility he might then there's some small reason to be
compassionate for his plight.

The tone of the group would improve if the Assholes United designation
for a particular sub-group were allowed to die a quiet and natural
death.

Real Name wrote:
Gould,
That is very compassionate of you to be so understanding.

Yes, I suppose, when those who are much less fortunate than others in
common sense, or ability to tell the truth, or unable to post without
childish name calling and insults, cry for attention, we should be more
understanding.