William Smith

I did that with a new truck. Well the dealer called back and said they
would lower there price. ex: Ford 3/4 got beat out by a GMC 1 ton. I told
the Ford dealer what the GMC cost and he told me if I can get that to go and
buy it. I did. The next day, the Ford dealer called me up and said they
would match that price...TOO LATE....
Just the fun of it!!!

--
Bill & Debbie
04 -- Yam TTR125 (Electric Start)
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Marty" wrote in message
I'm getting ****ed off at the Sea Ray dealer. I was interested in the

Sea
Ray 185 Sport.

What other brands, in Northern California, are comparable in quality to
Sea Ray that might have an alternative to the Sea Ray 185 Sport?

Make sure to drive into the SeaRay dealers showroom parking lot with your
new non-SeaRay boat in tow and walk into the showroom and proudly point

out
the salesman and loudly state that if he hadn't jerked you around you

would
have bought from XYZ.

Marty

"William Smith" wrote in message
I did that with a new truck. Well the dealer called back and said they
would lower there price. ex: Ford 3/4 got beat out by a GMC 1 ton. I
told
the Ford dealer what the GMC cost and he told me if I can get that to go
and
buy it. I did. The next day, the Ford dealer called me up and said they
would match that price...TOO LATE....
Just the fun of it!!!

There's that approach. Change horses in midstream. I do get emotionally
attached to the toys that I want, so it's hard for me to switch to another
toy. The right way, though, is to find an alternate source for the toy or
that and find a different toy. And as one poster said, don't forget to
drive your toy to the dealer that blew it and let 'em know that they sold
you someone elses product.

*JimH*

"Marty" wrote in message
. com...

"William Smith" wrote in message
I did that with a new truck. Well the dealer called back and said they
would lower there price. ex: Ford 3/4 got beat out by a GMC 1 ton. I
told
the Ford dealer what the GMC cost and he told me if I can get that to go
and
buy it. I did. The next day, the Ford dealer called me up and said they
would match that price...TOO LATE....
Just the fun of it!!!

There's that approach. Change horses in midstream. I do get emotionally
attached to the toys that I want, so it's hard for me to switch to another
toy. The right way, though, is to find an alternate source for the toy or
that and find a different toy. And as one poster said, don't forget to
drive your toy to the dealer that blew it and let 'em know that they sold
you someone elses product.

After this experience why would you want to deal with this dealer again? If
you can get your deposit back, and as Gene previously stated, run, don't
walk, away from this and find another dealer.

What other brands have you looked at?

It is easy to fall in love with the first boat you look at, especially if
you are dealing with a good salesman. But you need to step away from the
emotional side of this purchase and look at it logically.....come in Doctor
Spock.

Take some time....don't jump into things. There are always good boats to
buy.

ed

I agree with Jim on this one. I would pull my deposit and find another boat,
weather its at another SeaRay dealer or another boat dealer. Once your
treated this way, you can best be assure it will continue. I would also
contact the SeaRay maunufacturer and report the poor dealing with them. This
is a franchise and the dealers has to follow the rules the franchises has in
place.

Ed
"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Marty" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Marty

"*JimH*" wrote in message

"Marty" wrote in message
. com...

"William Smith" wrote in message

After this experience why would you want to deal with this dealer again?
If you can get your deposit back, and as Gene previously stated, run,
don't walk, away from this and find another dealer.

What other brands have you looked at?

It is easy to fall in love with the first boat you look at, especially if
you are dealing with a good salesman. But you need to step away from the
emotional side of this purchase and look at it logically.....come in
Doctor Spock.

Take some time....don't jump into things. There are always good boats to
buy.

I've looked at Sea Ray, Four Winns, Reneill, Crownline, Chaparral. My local
boats.
I can get my deposit back without a fight if I can show something
significantly wrong with the boat before I buy it.
I'm pretty sure I can win this one which is why I'm looking at other boats.
I may end up, because of price, at another Sea Ray dealer a couple hours
from home.

Alternative Energy for Refrigeration Richard Kollmann Cruising 2 October 28th 04 02:14 AM
Alternative 192kHz transducers Steve Electronics 7 September 2nd 04 11:24 AM
OT Alternative reality OT Vito ASA 1 July 26th 04 05:27 PM
Stern Drive Locks - Alternative to McGard? Slambram General 2 March 30th 04 04:10 PM
Practical alternative to buying paper charts? Ken Coit Cruising 7 August 21st 03 10:18 PM