P.Fritz

Default Are Bu****es hoping for pre-election attack here?

"John Smith" wrote in message
news:C0ehc.167300$gA5.1956639@attbi_s03...
Can you imagine a spouse who would call their spouse who was a doctor a
paramedic?

Yes, in the past their was a major stigma for anyone to admit to have a
mental health problem, but that stigma covered all mental health

providers.
Those who buy into the stigma do not feel any better having a mental

health
problem or having to ask for help, if the provider is a doctor or a
therapist.

If you want to believe Harry's imaginary world, feel free.

Anyone who really wanted to verify if Harry's wife is a doctor would be

able
to do a search of doctors in Maryland and see if their is a female doctor

by
the name of Krause whose specialty is psychiatry. I would not bother
because I know it is a lie.

The next claim will be his wife doesn't use his name for 'professional
reasons' in reality, (if there is a wife), the reason would be to avoid
embarrasment.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"John Smith" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

news:c3dhc2g=.8c82e894fe21988fd92179b5623c2386@108 2482793.nulluser.com...
John Smith wrote:
If she is performing her duties as a therapist, and is not
performing her responsibility as a doctor, she doesn't need her
licenses on
the wall.

These are mutally exclusive to you, eh, dunderhead?

Nope, not to me, you are the one who stated she didn't want to be put

on
pedestal and did not want to be considered a doctor, she wanted to be
considered a therapist. I know many doctors who liked to be called by

their
first name, but I have never heard of a doctor who wants to be

considered
therapist or anything less than he has study for. Anyone who would

believe
that fantasy needs the help of a real doctor.

Interesting. I always address my excelent internist as Dr. Kerper. He

always
corrects me and says "It's Bob". His diploma from Yale is hanging right

on
the wall behind him the whole time. What's going on here?

John Smith

I am beginning to wonder the same thing, is he so insecure about not being
able to find someone who would marry him, that he just made all of it up.
He does have a history of fabricating tall tales.

John Smith wrote:
[...]

Calif Bill

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

You know it's a lie....how? Your research methods fascinate me.

If his wife was a psychiatrist, he would call her that. Being a
psychotherapist does not require a Ph.D., and being a psychiatrist does
require an MD. So at the most she has a doctorate in psychology. And
reading all the other lies he states, I believe nada on the wife.

John H

His alleged wife!

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:06:17 GMT, "John Smith" wrote:

Harry, in response to another post, you said "Doubtful. My wife is a
licensed psychotherapist. She deals with losers like you all day long."
http://www.google.com/groups?q=my+wi...ls.com&rnum=55

Since a psychiatrist is the only mental health profession that is required
to obtain a medical degree from a school of medicine or or osteopathy.
While some psychiatrists will use psychotherapy in their practice, no
psychiatrists would ever call themselves a licensed psychotherapist.

It appears that your wife profession is as imaginary as your Lobster Boat.

According to Mental Health Channel, a psychotherapist interacts with
patients to initiate change in the patient's thoughts, feelings, and
behavior through adaptation. Psychotherapists provide treatment in
individual and group settings. A licensed psychotherapist obtains a master's
degree or doctorate in a chosen mental health field, undergoes a supervised
clinical residency, and is licensed, certified, or registered by a
government or psychological agency to which they are accountable. Licensed
professionals who practice psychotherapy include the following:
a.. Psychiatrists
b.. Registered psychiatric nurses
c.. Clinical social workers
d.. Marriage therapists
e.. Family therapists
f.. Clinical psychologists
Drug and alcohol counselors, ordained priests, ministers, and rabbis may
practice psychotherapy without a license. In some states, a person with a
master's degree in education or psychology may also practice psychotherapy
without a license.
Types of Psychotherapy
Psychotherapists use the following techniques to treat various psychological
conditions and situations:

a.. Behavioral therapy (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational
enhancement therapy, controlled exposure with response prevention)
b.. Biofeedback
c.. Interactive group therapy (e.g., family therapy)
d.. Meditation
e.. Relaxation training
f.. Self-help groups
g.. Psychodynamic therapy
It looks like your wife is as imaginary as your lobster boat.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
basskisser wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

ink.net...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

RICE: 'TOO GOOD TO PASS UP'

WASHINGTON - The United States is bracing for possible terrorist

attacks
before the November presidential election, National Security Adviser
Condoleezza Rice said yesterday.

Why is it you lefties, hate women, no respect. It was always Dr.

Kissenger,
not Henry, or Hank. But to you, it is Condi, Condoleezza, etc. Never

Dr.
Condoleezza Rice, or Dr. Rice.
Bill

Bush, and his cronies all call her Condi. Does that mean that THEY
don't respect women, and hate them? Have you ever thought that maybe
she PREFERS that moniker?

Poor Calif Bill is confused, as usual. It is the custom to refer to
medical practitioners who are doctors as "doctor," but not the custom to
refer to those who have doctorates as "doctor," unless you're in an
academic arena, or introducing an expert witness, or otherwise referring
to that person in some special, qualified way. Ms. Rice is appropriate,
Mr. Kissinger is appropriate, as is Dr. Rice or Dr. Kissinger.
Interestlingly, both enjoyed or suffered popularization of their names,
and Kissinger was assigned some unusual nicknames. Most of us called him
Dr. Strangelove, after the movie character who was patterned after Henry
himself.

My wife is a doctor, and she's also a candidate for a doctorate. Her
close colleagues have already nicknamed her "Doctor Doctor." At her
insistence, most of her patients call her by her first name. She's not
interested in maintaining that particular barrier.

Incidentally, I have great respect for Ms. Rice's intellect and
accomplishments, and I feel sad she sold her soul to the Republican
devil, and apparently has no misgivings about her now-deceitful
existence. But I feel sorriest for Colin Powell, an intellectually
honest man who must be going through a hellish soul-searching every day
because of the duplicity and stupidity of his boss.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Doug Kanter

k.net...

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

I guess my internist's not an internist, because 99% of the time, I refer to
him as a doctor, or just Bob. Incidentally, in the academic world,
psychiatrists are referred to as psychotherapists, therapists,
practitioners, and a host of other names. I guess it doesn't matter to
people who know what they're talking about.

John H

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

*Alleged* wife! Be careful with your alleged facts!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
John Smith

Doug, you seem to know more than the people in the mental health profession:
Attacked are the differences between Psychologist and Psychiatrist. While
you often have Psychologist who use the prefix Dr. to acknowledge their PHD,
I don't believe you can find any Psychiatrist who would refer to themselves
as a Psychologist, just as your internist would never refer to himself as a
paramedic.

The internet is full of info about Psychologist and Psychiatrist, can you
show me one Psychiatrist who refers to themselves as a Psychologist? I
know it hard to see your king cut down in his prime, but it is time to
acknowledge that your king is not wearing any clothes.

"Psychologists and Psychological Associates study the behavior, emotions,
and thinking processes of humans to better understand their behavior. They
are trained to assess, diagnose and treat mental disorders by using
individual, child, family and group therapies. Psychologists may teach,
conduct research, or serve as consultants or therapists. Psychological
Associates generally work under the supervision of a Psychologist.

Psychologists may specialize in a particular area. For example, clinical
psychologists may work with physicians in counseling emotionally disturbed
individuals, medical and surgical patients, and chronically ill patients.
Counseling psychologists advise patients o*n how to cope with everyday
issues and help to resolve personal problems. Examples of other areas of
specialization include community psychology, developmental psychology and
social psychology.
Psychologists may also work with students in schools to evaluate academic
skills, learning aptitudes, social skills, self-help skills, personality and
emotional development. School psychologists determine eligibility for
special service programs and work directly with students or families to help
solve conflicts and problems related to learning and adjustment. They
provide counseling, social skills training, behavior management, and other
interventions to help families deal with difficult crises such as separation
or loss.

Psychologists also work in hospitals, correctional institutions, mental
health clinics, private practices, public schools and universities, and with
government agencies and tribal health organizations. "

A psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment
and prevention of mental illnesses and emotional problems. Because of
extensive medical training, the psychiatrist understands the body's
functions and the complex relationship between emotional illness and other
medical illnesses. The psychiatrist is thus the mental health professional
and physician best qualified to distinguish between physical and
psychological causes of both mental and physical distress.
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news

k.net...

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

jim--

John Smith wrote:
If she is performing her duties as a therapist, and is not
performing her responsibility as a doctor, she doesn't need her

licenses on
the wall.

These are mutally exclusive to you, eh, dunderhead?

Nope, not to me, you are the one who stated she didn't want to be put on a
pedestal and did not want to be considered a doctor, she wanted to be
considered a therapist. I know many doctors who liked to be called by

their
first name, but I have never heard of a doctor who wants to be considered

therapist or anything less than he has study for. Anyone who would

believe
that fantasy needs the help of a real doctor.

Tell us about your lobster boat.

You nailed him John. His MO when cornered is resorting to insults, as he
just did in his last response to you.

LMAO!! This Harry clown is as funny as 'asskisser, but a bit more pathetic.