John Smith

Default Are Bu****es hoping for pre-election attack here?

Doug, you seem to know more than the people in the mental health profession:
Attacked are the differences between Psychologist and Psychiatrist. While
you often have Psychologist who use the prefix Dr. to acknowledge their PHD,
I don't believe you can find any Psychiatrist who would refer to themselves
as a Psychologist, just as your internist would never refer to himself as a
paramedic.

The internet is full of info about Psychologist and Psychiatrist, can you
show me one Psychiatrist who refers to themselves as a Psychologist? I
know it hard to see your king cut down in his prime, but it is time to
acknowledge that your king is not wearing any clothes.

"Psychologists and Psychological Associates study the behavior, emotions,
and thinking processes of humans to better understand their behavior. They
are trained to assess, diagnose and treat mental disorders by using
individual, child, family and group therapies. Psychologists may teach,
conduct research, or serve as consultants or therapists. Psychological
Associates generally work under the supervision of a Psychologist.

Psychologists may specialize in a particular area. For example, clinical
psychologists may work with physicians in counseling emotionally disturbed
individuals, medical and surgical patients, and chronically ill patients.
Counseling psychologists advise patients o*n how to cope with everyday
issues and help to resolve personal problems. Examples of other areas of
specialization include community psychology, developmental psychology and
social psychology.
Psychologists may also work with students in schools to evaluate academic
skills, learning aptitudes, social skills, self-help skills, personality and
emotional development. School psychologists determine eligibility for
special service programs and work directly with students or families to help
solve conflicts and problems related to learning and adjustment. They
provide counseling, social skills training, behavior management, and other
interventions to help families deal with difficult crises such as separation
or loss.

Psychologists also work in hospitals, correctional institutions, mental
health clinics, private practices, public schools and universities, and with
government agencies and tribal health organizations. "

A psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment
and prevention of mental illnesses and emotional problems. Because of
extensive medical training, the psychiatrist understands the body's
functions and the complex relationship between emotional illness and other
medical illnesses. The psychiatrist is thus the mental health professional
and physician best qualified to distinguish between physical and
psychological causes of both mental and physical distress.
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"John Smith" wrote in message
Can you imagine a spouse who would call their spouse who was a

doctor
paramedic?

Yes, in the past their was a major stigma for anyone to admit to

have
mental health problem, but that stigma covered all mental health
providers.
Those who buy into the stigma do not feel any better having a mental
health
problem or having to ask for help, if the provider is a doctor or a
therapist.

If you want to believe Harry's imaginary world, feel free.

Anyone who really wanted to verify if Harry's wife is a doctor would

be
able
to do a search of doctors in Maryland and see if their is a female

doctor
by
the name of Krause whose specialty is psychiatry. I would not

bother
because I know it is a lie.

You know it's a lie....how? Your research methods fascinate me.

If his wife was a psychiatrist, he would call her that. Being a
psychotherapist does not require a Ph.D., and being a psychiatrist does
require an MD. So at the most she has a doctorate in psychology. And
reading all the other lies he states, I believe nada on the wife.

I guess my internist's not an internist, because 99% of the time, I refer

him as a doctor, or just Bob. Incidentally, in the academic world,
psychiatrists are referred to as psychotherapists, therapists,
practitioners, and a host of other names. I guess it doesn't matter to
people who know what they're talking about.