Coff

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

"Gary Warner" wrote in message ...
Just stuff to talk about:
So - What would you think if someone was boarding your boat?

I went out yesterday afternoon for a few hours after I left the
office. I returned, buttoned up the boat, chatted with the guy in the
next slip for a minute, and left.

That night, my wife, son, and I walk into the yacht club restaurant
and the guy whom I spoke with in the next slip earlier that day
immediatley got up from his table and crossed the room to inform me he
boarded my boat after I left. Seems I absent-mindely left the VHF
radio on up on the bridge. For reasons unknown, the squelch went nuts
and was crackling away up there under all that Sunbrella after I was
long gone. He shut the radio off.

I appreciated his letting me know, and he was very concerned about it.
I must admit I was a little confused at first, as I am pretty easy
going, and would assume (and appreciate) someone taking the time and
effort to unsnap the covers, climb the ladder, and kill the radio due
to my negligence. I felt I was the one to appologize. Thinking about
it now, if I had been in his place, I don't know if I even would have
thought to mention my boarding his boat to him. It just seems
logical.

I respect and admire (most of) my dock neighbors and trust thier
intentions. Perhpas less so if we had transient boaters in the
marina.

Coff

Damn, life is good!

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM