basskisser

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

"Gary Warner" wrote in message ...
Just stuff to talk about:

Was reminded this morning of something that happened a few years back. I
was working on my boat in my slip. Another "non-resident" boat arrived and
docked next to me. They got off the boat and went up into the buy
restaurant. After a little while their stereo starts blaring. I later
figured out that it was a tape deck and must be the tape was at the end of
one side in a silent spot as they docked and got off the boat.

I didn't want to get onto their boat. I know I wouldn't want strangers
getting onto my boat. On the other hand it was a very simple thing to turn
off the radio and get off the boat. But if they happend to be the people
sitting looking over the marina I could see someone come running down
yelling.

Yes, I could also go to the management. But this is a small place and
finding someone is sometimes a problem. And then they'd probably say, "Hey,
don't bother me. Just get on his boat and shut it off."

I decided not to get on the boat. And when the guy came down I just asked
him to be more careful. He happened to be a very friendly type and said,
"Oh. You should have just shut it off."

On the other hand - same marina, different day - two of us who each have
boats there were talking. As the conversation went on and on we sat down on
the railing of another "regular" in the yard. We were in no way on the boat
nor was there almost any chance of us hurting anything. The guy happened to
come by at that point and went OFF really HARD about it. I agree we really
should't be touching his boat - but it was just a natural kind of thing.

So - What would you think if someone was boarding your boat?

Why not lighten up a little, and listen to the music until the people got back?