Agreed

Default Battery Switch Rating Question

Sorry for the dumb question, but I would like to install a battery
switch in my boat. I have a 350cu" Mercruiser and I keep a spare
battery just in case. I'd like to install a 1-2-off switch. Can I
use a 250A continuousm 360A intermittent for this size engine? I know
my alternator is 90A max, but not sure of the amperage the starter
pulls when cranking.

Bob
John H

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:49:11 GMT, Agreed wrote:

Sorry for the dumb question, but I would like to install a battery
switch in my boat. I have a 350cu" Mercruiser and I keep a spare
battery just in case. I'd like to install a 1-2-off switch. Can I
use a 250A continuousm 360A intermittent for this size engine? I know
my alternator is 90A max, but not sure of the amperage the starter
pulls when cranking.

Bob

I have the same engine in a Proline. It came with a Perko switch, 250
continuous, 360 intermittent, fwiw.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Gary Warner

Agreed wrote in message
s.com...
Sorry for the dumb question, but I would like to install a battery
switch in my boat. I have a 350cu" Mercruiser and I keep a spare
battery just in case. I'd like to install a 1-2-off switch. Can I
use a 250A continuousm 360A intermittent for this size engine? I know
my alternator is 90A max, but not sure of the amperage the starter
pulls when cranking.

Bob

Also be aware when you buy these 1/2/off/Both switches that some are
"Make-before-break" and some are not. The previous kind are a little
more expensive but can prevent damage to your electrical system.

Battery question Jim Woodard General 18 March 12th 04 06:09 AM
Battery Life question Messing In Boats General 9 February 18th 04 04:09 AM
why 2 batteries on boat? mark s General 8 January 5th 04 04:45 AM
Battery Disconnect Switch (wiring) Matt General 1 September 20th 03 03:26 PM
Battery Question Belgian General 2 July 18th 03 04:25 PM