Gary Warner

Default Battery Switch Rating Question

Agreed wrote in message
s.com...
Sorry for the dumb question, but I would like to install a battery
switch in my boat. I have a 350cu" Mercruiser and I keep a spare
battery just in case. I'd like to install a 1-2-off switch. Can I
use a 250A continuousm 360A intermittent for this size engine? I know
my alternator is 90A max, but not sure of the amperage the starter
pulls when cranking.

Bob

Also be aware when you buy these 1/2/off/Both switches that some are
"Make-before-break" and some are not. The previous kind are a little
more expensive but can prevent damage to your electrical system.