Shaqman

Default Larsen Boats

Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the Cabrio
220

My in-laws purchased the 18' outboard model last year. Seems to be a well
crafted boat... it's designed quite well. We looked at probably 6-8
manufacturers before settling on Larsen (Four Winns was close 2nd)... for
the size it was well designed (ample leg room for driver, high-back for rear
bench seat, usable open bow).

As I said, we needed and were looking for an outboard, which limited our
choices to one model from each manufacturer. I'm sure your search will be a
little more difficult. But as far as quality... it appears to be there.

Good luck!

om...

Shaqman wrote:
Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the

Cabrio
220

*********

Larson (with an "o") builds a decent boat, very worthy of your
consideration. Materials and workmanship are good, but pricing remains
affordable.

The design feature I like the most about Larson is called the
Dou-Delta-Conic hull. The bottom has a vented chine (sort of like a
step)that relieves the drag on the forward portion of the hull when the
boat is getting up on plane.
At the same time the two "deltas" are cone-shaped,surfaces aft of the
vented chine that provide broader surfaces specifically intended to
support the boat on plane.

Larson builds one of my favorite planing hulls among smaller boats.

There are some other brands I'd personally look at as well, but Larson
deserves to be a contender and may turn out to be the boat you like the
most among everyting you consider.

Harry.Krause

On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:09:58 GMT, "Shaqman" wrote:

Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the Cabrio
220

I was on the design team at Larsen when this boat was built. I made so
much money, I moved into a house with a 500' driveway.

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323

Out to trash every boating thread today?

New name for you, whoever you may be......the Anti-Krause.

JimH

"Shaqman" wrote in message
om...
Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the Cabrio
220

Our marina sold Larson boats. I crawled through all their model boats, but
that did not include the 220. Decent boats but nothing to write home about.

What made you decide on Larson? What other manufacturers have you looked
at? How do you plan to use the boat?

Shaqman

Hi Jim

We have looked at several boats, bayliner 222 classis was the latest (all in
the 22ft range). We were looking for something for family use and also
remove the seats at the back for fishing. We were very impressed at the
quality of the 220 but needed to know if there were any Northern CA owners
out there. Most of the boats we looked at in these range had a lot of area
not accessible to fishing from the rear of the boat (ex four winns 220). We
liked the layout (very clean and simple) and would be very easy to take the
carpets and seats out for our fishing trips.

We plan on using it both in the lakes and near the SF bay (weather
permitting). Price seems be very competitive

Again I appreciate any feed back I can get..

"JimH" wrote in message

"Shaqman" wrote in message
om...
Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the
Cabrio 220

Our marina sold Larson boats. I crawled through all their model boats,
but that did not include the 220. Decent boats but nothing to write home
about.

What made you decide on Larson? What other manufacturers have you looked
at? How do you plan to use the boat?

Bill McKee

Try www.coastsidefishingclub.com Is a San Francisco / NorCal sal****er
mostly board.

"Shaqman" wrote in message
. com...
Hi Jim

We have looked at several boats, bayliner 222 classis was the latest (all
in
the 22ft range). We were looking for something for family use and also
remove the seats at the back for fishing. We were very impressed at the
quality of the 220 but needed to know if there were any Northern CA owners
out there. Most of the boats we looked at in these range had a lot of area
not accessible to fishing from the rear of the boat (ex four winns 220).
We
liked the layout (very clean and simple) and would be very easy to take
the
carpets and seats out for our fishing trips.

We plan on using it both in the lakes and near the SF bay (weather
permitting). Price seems be very competitive

Again I appreciate any feed back I can get..

"JimH" wrote in message

"Shaqman" wrote in message
om...
Any opinions good or bad against these boats. We are looking at the
Cabrio 220

Our marina sold Larson boats. I crawled through all their model boats,
but that did not include the 220. Decent boats but nothing to write home
about.

What made you decide on Larson? What other manufacturers have you looked
at? How do you plan to use the boat?

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 September 29th 04 05:19 AM
Update on Marina Damage -- FL Coasts anchorlt Cruising 0 September 24th 04 08:03 PM
"How to steal your own boats..." (Wilko Sized Trip Report) Wilko Whitewater 0 April 8th 04 07:43 PM
Dire Yank boats Jens Adolphsson ASA 11 October 8th 03 01:53 AM
How to qualify 120 boats for final Gold/Silver fleets Edward Mitchell General 3 August 1st 03 12:07 AM